Campag. Cassette question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Allan Leedy, May 18, 2003.

  1. Allan Leedy

    Allan Leedy Guest

    I have a Campag. Record 10-speed cassette (13-29) with a couple of damaged cogs. Can someone tell me
    if the 26-tooth cog from this cassette can be used to replace the 25 on a 12-25 10-speed cassette?
    Thanks in advance.

    Tags:

  2. Garry N

    Garry N Guest

    No, the larger cogs are on carriers with several cogs on each. If you swap the large carriers, you
    may end up duplicating cogs. You need to look at a gear chart to see which carrieres will switch. G-

    "Allan Leedy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have a Campag. Record 10-speed cassette (13-29) with a couple of damaged cogs. Can someone tell
    > me if the 26-tooth cog from this cassette can be used to replace the 25 on a 12-25 10-speed
    > cassette? Thanks in advance.

  3. Go to the Branford Bike web page. They have an excellent chart that I just happened to have
    consulted. http://www.branfordbike.com poke around for cassettes. You'll find the various Campy
    configurations.

    Gary Jacobson

    "garry n" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > No, the larger cogs are on carriers with several cogs on each. If you swap the large carriers,
    > you may end up duplicating cogs. You need to look at a gear chart to see which carrieres will
    > switch. G-
    >
    > "Allan Leedy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I have a Campag. Record 10-speed cassette (13-29) with a couple of
    damaged
    > > cogs. Can someone tell me if the 26-tooth cog from this cassette can be used to replace the 25
    > > on a 12-25 10-speed cassette? Thanks in advance.

  4. Allan Leedy

    Allan Leedy Guest

    That's a great site, lots of information, thanks. It looks as if, to get a 26, I'd have to buy the
    23-26 combo that is part of the 13/26 cassette, and put it in place of the 23-25 that comes with
    the 12/25.

  5. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On Sun, 18 May 2003 19:43:13 -0700, "Allan Leedy" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >That's a great site, lots of information, thanks. It looks as if, to get a 26, I'd have to buy the
    >23-26 combo that is part of the 13/26 cassette, and put it in place of the 23-25 that comes with
    >the 12/25.

    My informed quess is that a 26 from any loose cog, 9sp cassette will work fine in the last position.
    If the cogs before are spidered together, i.e. 19,21,23, you will need a 2.8 mm x 9sp spacer between
    the loose 26 and the 23. The reason is that the spacer sits down into the spider and the spacing
    will effectively be 10 sp. I know what I propose works perfectly with a 12/25 with a 28t x 9sp cog
    and removal of either a 15 or 16, depending on whether or not the 10 sp cassette is a Record,
    Chorus, or Centaur.