Campag. Cassette question

Status

Allan Leedy

Guest
I have a Campag. Record 10-speed cassette (13-29) with a couple of damaged cogs. Can someone tell me
if the 26-tooth cog from this cassette can be used to replace the 25 on a 12-25 10-speed cassette?
Thanks in advance.

Garry N

Guest
No, the larger cogs are on carriers with several cogs on each. If you swap the large carriers, you
may end up duplicating cogs. You need to look at a gear chart to see which carrieres will switch. G-

"Allan Leedy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have a Campag. Record 10-speed cassette (13-29) with a couple of damaged cogs. Can someone tell
> me if the 26-tooth cog from this cassette can be used to replace the 25 on a 12-25 10-speed
> cassette? Thanks in advance.

Gary Jacobson

Guest
Go to the Branford Bike web page. They have an excellent chart that I just happened to have
consulted. http://www.branfordbike.com poke around for cassettes. You'll find the various Campy
configurations.

Gary Jacobson

"garry n" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> No, the larger cogs are on carriers with several cogs on each. If you swap the large carriers,
> you may end up duplicating cogs. You need to look at a gear chart to see which carrieres will
> switch. G-
>
> "Allan Leedy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I have a Campag. Record 10-speed cassette (13-29) with a couple of
damaged
> > cogs. Can someone tell me if the 26-tooth cog from this cassette can be used to replace the 25
> > on a 12-25 10-speed cassette? Thanks in advance.

Allan Leedy

Guest
That's a great site, lots of information, thanks. It looks as if, to get a 26, I'd have to buy the
23-26 combo that is part of the 13/26 cassette, and put it in place of the 23-25 that comes with
the 12/25.

Paul Kopit

Guest
On Sun, 18 May 2003 19:43:13 -0700, "Allan Leedy" <[email protected]> wrote:

>That's a great site, lots of information, thanks. It looks as if, to get a 26, I'd have to buy the
>23-26 combo that is part of the 13/26 cassette, and put it in place of the 23-25 that comes with
>the 12/25.

My informed quess is that a 26 from any loose cog, 9sp cassette will work fine in the last position.
If the cogs before are spidered together, i.e. 19,21,23, you will need a 2.8 mm x 9sp spacer between
the loose 26 and the 23. The reason is that the spacer sits down into the spider and the spacing
will effectively be 10 sp. I know what I propose works perfectly with a 12/25 with a 28t x 9sp cog
and removal of either a 15 or 16, depending on whether or not the 10 sp cassette is a Record,
Chorus, or Centaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.