Campag. Cassette question

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Allan Leedy

I have a Campag. Record 10-speed cassette (13-29) with a couple of damaged cogs. Can someone tell me
if the 26-tooth cog from this cassette can be used to replace the 25 on a 12-25 10-speed cassette?
Thanks in advance.

No, the larger cogs are on carriers with several cogs on each. If you swap the large carriers, you
may end up duplicating cogs. You need to look at a gear chart to see which carrieres will switch. G-

"Allan Leedy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have a Campag. Record 10-speed cassette (13-29) with a couple of damaged cogs. Can someone tell
> me if the 26-tooth cog from this cassette can be used to replace the 25 on a 12-25 10-speed
> cassette? Thanks in advance.

Go to the Branford Bike web page. They have an excellent chart that I just happened to have
consulted. http://www.branfordbike.com poke around for cassettes. You'll find the various Campy
configurations.

Gary Jacobson

"garry n" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> No, the larger cogs are on carriers with several cogs on each. If you swap the large carriers,
> you may end up duplicating cogs. You need to look at a gear chart to see which carrieres will
> switch. G-
>
> "Allan Leedy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I have a Campag. Record 10-speed cassette (13-29) with a couple of
damaged
> > cogs. Can someone tell me if the 26-tooth cog from this cassette can be used to replace the 25
> > on a 12-25 10-speed cassette? Thanks in advance.
> >
>

That's a great site, lots of information, thanks. It looks as if, to get a 26, I'd have to buy the
23-26 combo that is part of the 13/26 cassette, and put it in place of the 23-25 that comes with
the 12/25.

On Sun, 18 May 2003 19:43:13 -0700, "Allan Leedy" <[email protected]> wrote:

>That's a great site, lots of information, thanks. It looks as if, to get a 26, I'd have to buy the
>23-26 combo that is part of the 13/26 cassette, and put it in place of the 23-25 that comes with
>the 12/25.
>

My informed quess is that a 26 from any loose cog, 9sp cassette will work fine in the last position.
If the cogs before are spidered together, i.e. 19,21,23, you will need a 2.8 mm x 9sp spacer between
the loose 26 and the 23. The reason is that the spacer sits down into the spider and the spacing
will effectively be 10 sp. I know what I propose works perfectly with a 12/25 with a 28t x 9sp cog
and removal of either a 15 or 16, depending on whether or not the 10 sp cassette is a Record,
Chorus, or Centaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.