Campag cassette spacer adapter kit

Pete Biggs

Guest
What is KIT-FH012 for?

It comprises six 3mm aluminium spacers plus one 1mm shim.

It's mentioned here www.campagnolo.com/pdf/spares96-C.pdf and here
www.campagnolo.com/pdf/spares97-C.pdf - but I'm none the wiser what it
transforms into what. 3mm and 1996 doesn't seem right for converting to or
from 9-speed.

I've dug up one from a bundle of stuff I aquired some time ago and am
wondering what to put in my eBay description.

Thanks.

~PB

Pete Biggs wrote:
> What is KIT-FH012 for?
>
> It comprises six 3mm aluminium spacers plus one 1mm shim.
>
> It's mentioned here www.campagnolo.com/pdf/spares96-C.pdf and here
> www.campagnolo.com/pdf/spares97-C.pdf - but I'm none the wiser what it
> transforms into what. 3mm and 1996 doesn't seem right for converting to or
> from 9-speed.
>
> I've dug up one from a bundle of stuff I aquired some time ago and am
> wondering what to put in my eBay description.
>
> Thanks.
>
> ~PB

Not sure either, but I suspect it's to space Campag 9s spacers to
Campag 8s spacing..or perhaps to be used on their discs, which were
'9s' type freehub but only used 8 cogs.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> Pete Biggs wrote:
>> What is KIT-FH012 for?
>>
>> It comprises six 3mm aluminium spacers plus one 1mm shim.
>>
>> It's mentioned here www.campagnolo.com/pdf/spares96-C.pdf and here
>> www.campagnolo.com/pdf/spares97-C.pdf - but I'm none the wiser what
>> it transforms into what. 3mm and 1996 doesn't seem right for
>> converting to or from 9-speed.
>>
>> I've dug up one from a bundle of stuff I aquired some time ago and am
>> wondering what to put in my eBay description.

> Not sure either, but I suspect it's to space Campag 9s spacers to
> Campag 8s spacing..or perhaps to be used on their discs, which were
> '9s' type freehub but only used 8 cogs.

Thanks for the reply.

I've now learnt that it's for converting a Campag 8s cassette to Shimano 8s
spacing, apparently confirmed in the JD Whiskers catalogue.

A rare example of Campagnolo acknowledging the existance of Shimano!

~PB