campag ergo hoods

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
Does anyone know if you can use the new (post '99) style more comfy ergo hoods on the older (pre '99 sharp and uncomfy) style hoods?

pulled out the ol' tourer for the BR and 1/20 rides on the weekend and had forgotten just how icky them ol' style hoods are
(fights urge to say... just like... STI... oh wooops...)

flyingdutch said:
Does anyone know if you can use the new (post '99) style more comfy ergo hoods on the older (pre '99 sharp and uncomfy) style hoods?

pulled out the ol' tourer for the BR and 1/20 rides on the weekend and had forgotten just how icky them ol' style hoods are
(fights urge to say... just like... STI... oh wooops...)

Wot? An infinitely back-compatible, imeasurably better campag component is not purrrfect? (ducks as first missile gets thrown :D )

Note that the writer is not a one-eyed unthinking fanatical supporter of either Campag or Shimano and that the opinions expressed in this document are for the purpose of needling the Dutchman only and may change at any time in the future as and when necessary.

SteveA

SteveA said:
Wot? An infinitely back-compatible, imeasurably better campag component is not purrrfect? (ducks as first missile gets thrown :D )

Note that the writer is not a one-eyed unthinking fanatical supporter of either Campag or Shimano and that the opinions expressed in this document are for the purpose of needling the Dutchman only and may change at any time in the future as and when necessary.

SteveA

luckily i brought my SteveA-seekin missile and gets him right up the jaxxy! :D

you really wanna start a compatability comparison of shimano v campag?
bwahahahahahahahahahah, haha, ha, he , herr, hmmm :rolleyes:

flyingdutch said:
luckily i brought my SteveA-seekin missile and gets him right up the jaxxy! :D

you really wanna start a compatability comparison of shimano v campag?
bwahahahahahahahahahah, haha, ha, he , herr, hmmm :rolleyes:

Nahhh - that's a stale old argument. My old steel tourer is Suntour equiped, with the old non-aero Dia Comp brake levers. (Oh, and I got some long reach dual pivot Shimano calipers from Sheldon on it so it stops too). My current quest is to find replacements (in Aus) for the natural gum rubber brake lever hoods which have perished to buggery. I don't care about no stinkin' Shimano or Campag brake hoods and whether there is any compatibility with anything.

Ehh, you wanna see if my fist is compatible with your ...........(oops, sorry. maybe I should be in a thread seeking a cycling companion) :D

Any threats in this document whether explicit or implied are for theatrical purposes only (especially if you are bigger than me, or armed with a frame pump, or .......)

SteveA

SteveA said:
stuff waz ere...

damn. sucked me in beautifully! BUT I am 3 hours ahead of you, so...
'let's race!' :D

hmmm. I have seen those hoods somewhere. Peter Moore cycles?

or...

http://www.branfordbike.com/brake/brk4.html

"The Campagnolo hoods will fit all Campagnolo alloy aero brake levers from 1990 to the present. They will NOT fit older non-aero style brake levers as used with Nuovo or Super Record. We cannot get original brake hoods for Campagnolo Nuovo and Super Record brake levers. However the Dia Compe Gum hoods pictured below is the next best choice and is a good fit. The Dia Compe hoods will also fit Sun Tour Superbe, Modolo and of course, Dia Compe brake levers."

Who's dissin campy hoods now????????????????

flyingdutch said:
damn. sucked me in beautifully! BUT I am 3 hours ahead of you, so...
'let's race!' :D

hmmm. I have seen those hoods somewhere. Peter Moore cycles?

or...

http://www.branfordbike.com/brake/brk4.html

"The Campagnolo hoods will fit all Campagnolo alloy aero brake levers from 1990 to the present. They will NOT fit older non-aero style brake levers as used with Nuovo or Super Record. We cannot get original brake hoods for Campagnolo Nuovo and Super Record brake levers. However the Dia Compe Gum hoods pictured below is the next best choice and is a good fit. The Dia Compe hoods will also fit Sun Tour Superbe, Modolo and of course, Dia Compe brake levers."

Who's dissin campy hoods now????????????????

Campag compatibility? Phth!

Shimano compatibility? Phth!

Real compatibility is Dia Compe whose hoods fit OTHER BRANDS!! :p

SteveA

flyingdutch wrote:
> SteveA Wrote:
>
>>stuff waz ere...
>>

> damn. sucked me in beautifully! BUT I am 3 hours ahead of you, so...
> 'let's race!' :D
>
> hmmm. I have seen those hoods somewhere. Peter Moore cycles?
>
> or...
>
> http://www.branfordbike.com/brake/brk4.html
>
> "The Campagnolo hoods will fit all Campagnolo alloy aero brake levers
> from 1990 to the present. They will NOT fit older non-aero style brake
> levers as used with Nuovo or Super Record. We cannot get original brake
> hoods for Campagnolo Nuovo and Super Record brake levers. However the
> Dia Compe Gum hoods pictured below is the next best choice and is a
> good fit. The Dia Compe hoods will also fit Sun Tour Superbe, Modolo
> and of course, Dia Compe brake levers."
>
> Who's dissin campy hoods now????????????????

shifters? pfffft! ;)

--
Nick

SteveA said:
Campag compatibility? Phth!

Shimano compatibility? Phth!

Real compatibility is Dia Compe whose hoods fit OTHER BRANDS!! :p

SteveA

next you'll be claiming your seatpost is SOOOO compatible cos you ride without seat and it fits up any knicks you wear :p

F"not that there's anything wrong with that! then again..."Dutch

flyingdutch said:
next you'll be claiming your seatpost is SOOOO compatible cos you ride without seat and it fits up any knicks you wear :p

F"not that there's anything wrong with that! then again..."Dutch

Ehh? Was it the mention of natural rubber hoods that got us to this point in the discussion ? Or something else?

And anyway, do current Campy knicks only work with current Campy seatposts? Or are they backwards compatible too? Hahahaha :) :) :)

The word 'Thudbuster' just came into mind. :eek: Ahhhhh. Must go and get soap and wash out mind.

SteveA

SteveA said:
Ehh? Was it the mention of natural rubber hoods that got us to this point in the discussion ? Or something else?

And anyway, do current Campy knicks only work with current Campy seatposts? Or are they backwards compatible too? Hahahaha :) :) :)

The word 'Thudbuster' just came into mind. :eek: Ahhhhh. Must go and get soap and wash out mind.

SteveA

just tryin to spice things up a bit :D

you can get campy knicks???
hidden cables no doubt...
as opposed to the shimano knicks which make you look like a catfish on heat ;)

F"***"Dutch

flyingdutch said:
just tryin to spice things up a bit :D

you can get campy knicks???
hidden cables no doubt...
as opposed to the shimano knicks which make you look like a catfish on heat ;)

F"***"Dutch
haven't seen 'em in the flesh but if they're on CyclingNews, they must exist:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2004/newarrivals/may06

And I suppose the Campag knicks would have a funny button on the side for changing 'em!

SteveA

SteveA said:
And I suppose the Campag knicks would have a funny button on the side for changing 'em!

SteveA

that's for changeing into 'a faster gear',
nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more, SAY no more...

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> SteveA Wrote:
>>

>> And I suppose the Campag knicks would have a funny button on the side
>> for changing 'em!
>>
>> SteveA

> that's for changeing into 'a faster gear',
> nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more, SAY no more...
>

> --
> flyingdutch

And I suppose you whack the lever a few times when you want to twiddle.