Campag left shifter with Shimano triple MTB FD

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by artemidorus, Oct 21, 2010.

1. artemidorus

artemidorus New Member

Dear Campag pundits, which of the modern/current Campag left shifters can be used to drive a Shimano MTB FD? I'm talking about the ones with lots of clicks in their full range of cable travel, such as, for example, the pre-'95 Veloce that I'm presently using for this purpose. I believe that I'm looking for "front derailleur micro-adjustment".

Tags:

2. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

You can definitely use any non-QS (2007-2009) left shifter ...

• I found that the Xenon-based LEFT shifters (aka "QS") can handle almost any front derailleur when shifting between the chainrings of a DOUBLE crankset ... that goes for a Triple-capable Shimano LEFT shifter, too.

AFAIK, the current LEFT Ultrashift shifter (but, not necessarily the 2011 Powershift levers) has '7' indents (vs. '13' for the older Ergo Power shifters) ...

BTW. If you need more than the G-springs, then (in the past, at least) it's often cheaper & more expedient to cannibalize another shifter (e.g., Mirage or Veloce, presuming you have Centaur or better) rather than buying all the individual parts.

3. Peter@vecchios

[email protected] New Member

1991/2 thru 2006, any Campagnolo LH ERGO lever. 2007/8 Chorus and Record(even if marked 'QS'-means nada). These will all work with any FD, triple included. 2009/10 LH will work pretty well with a MTB FD, if the arm is long enough(fewer 'clicks'). 2011 Athena and below will not work.