Campag left shifter with Shimano triple MTB FD

artemidorus

Mar 10, 2004
Dear Campag pundits, which of the modern/current Campag left shifters can be used to drive a Shimano MTB FD? I'm talking about the ones with lots of clicks in their full range of cable travel, such as, for example, the pre-'95 Veloce that I'm presently using for this purpose. I believe that I'm looking for "front derailleur micro-adjustment".

You can definitely use any non-QS (2007-2009) left shifter ...

• I found that the Xenon-based LEFT shifters (aka "QS") can handle almost any front derailleur when shifting between the chainrings of a DOUBLE crankset ... that goes for a Triple-capable Shimano LEFT shifter, too.

AFAIK, the current LEFT Ultrashift shifter (but, not necessarily the 2011 Powershift levers) has '[COLOR= #ff0000]7[/COLOR]' indents (vs. '[COLOR= #ff0000]13[/COLOR]' for the older Ergo Power shifters) ...

BTW. If you need more than the G-springs, then (in the past, at least) it's often cheaper & more expedient to cannibalize another shifter (e.g., Mirage or Veloce, presuming you have Centaur or better) rather than buying all the individual parts.

Originally Posted by artemidorus .

Dear Campag pundits, which of the modern/current Campag left shifters can be used to drive a Shimano MTB FD? I'm talking about the ones with lots of clicks in their full range of cable travel, such as, for example, the pre-'95 Veloce that I'm presently using for this purpose. I believe that I'm looking for "front derailleur micro-adjustment".
1991/2 thru 2006, any Campagnolo LH ERGO lever. 2007/8 Chorus and Record(even if marked 'QS'-means nada). These will all work with any FD, triple included. 2009/10 LH will work pretty well with a MTB FD, if the arm is long enough(fewer 'clicks'). 2011 Athena and below will not work.