Campag Mirage brake release

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Neale, May 20, 2003.

  1. Neale

    Neale Guest

    Can someone please tell me how one releases the brakes for wheel removal.

    Cheers

    Tags:

  2. Bob Muir

    Bob Muir Guest

    On Tue, 20 May 2003 15:48:39 +0100, "Neale" <[email protected]> wrote

    >Can someone please tell me how one releases the brakes for wheel removal.
    >
    >Cheers

    I think you may find a small pin on the top of the moving part of the brake lever which you push in
    and it allows the lever to open a couple of degrees further.

    Bob.

  3. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Bob Muir <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 20 May 2003 15:48:39 +0100, "Neale" <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    > >Can someone please tell me how one releases the brakes for wheel removal.
    > >
    > >Cheers
    > >
    > I think you may find a small pin on the top of the moving part of the brake lever which you push
    > in and it allows the lever to open a couple of degrees further.
    >
    > Bob.

    I think that too!

    If you look at: http://www.campagnolo.com/pics/03_GR_MIRAGE.jpg

    you will see the button protruding from the lever...it's the only visible silver bit (just below
    where it says 9 Speed).

    HTH.

    --
    Mark

  4. "Neale" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Can someone please tell me how one releases the brakes for wheel removal.

    There's a little round button on each brake lever (at the top near where the Campag logo is); push
    it across and you should find that the lever goes a little further back into the housing and the
    cable slackens off. From memory, these should be easy to find on Mirage levers as the metal button
    stands out from the black plastic lever.

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York