Campag Mirage brake release

Neale

Guest
Can someone please tell me how one releases the brakes for wheel removal.

Cheers

On Tue, 20 May 2003 15:48:39 +0100, "Neale" <[email protected]> wrote

>Can someone please tell me how one releases the brakes for wheel removal.
>
>Cheers

I think you may find a small pin on the top of the moving part of the brake lever which you push in
and it allows the lever to open a couple of degrees further.

Bob.

Bob Muir <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 20 May 2003 15:48:39 +0100, "Neale" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> >Can someone please tell me how one releases the brakes for wheel removal.
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> I think you may find a small pin on the top of the moving part of the brake lever which you push
> in and it allows the lever to open a couple of degrees further.
>
> Bob.

I think that too!

If you look at: http://www.campagnolo.com/pics/03_GR_MIRAGE.jpg

you will see the button protruding from the lever...it's the only visible silver bit (just below
where it says 9 Speed).

HTH.

--
Mark

"Neale" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Can someone please tell me how one releases the brakes for wheel removal.

There's a little round button on each brake lever (at the top near where the Campag logo is); push
it across and you should find that the lever goes a little further back into the housing and the
cable slackens off. From memory, these should be easy to find on Mirage levers as the metal button
stands out from the black plastic lever.

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York