Campag question

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just Zis Guy, Feb 11, 2003.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Does anyone know if upgrading to Campag will improve the weather? I've noticed that Campag equipped
    riders all seem to be pictured on nice sunny roads. I could use a bit of that.

    Also they seem to be surrounded by nice looking women, which would be a bonus.

    --
    Guy
    ===

  2. Paul - XXX

    Paul - XXX Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? deftly scribbled:

    > Does anyone know if upgrading to Campag will improve the weather? I've noticed that Campag
    > equipped riders all seem to be pictured on nice sunny roads. I could use a bit of that.

    Isn't that 'cos their adverts are mostly filmed in Italy .. in summer .. ;)

    > Also they seem to be surrounded by nice looking women, which would be a bonus.

    I refer you to my previous answer .. ;)

    --
    ...................................Paul-xxx Seti 1411 wu in 10202 hours
    http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ http://graffiti.virgin.net/ar.sole/Index.htm

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Paul - xxx wrote:

    >> Does anyone know if upgrading to Campag will improve the weather? I've noticed that Campag
    >> equipped riders all seem to be pictured on nice sunny roads. I could use a bit of that.

    > Isn't that 'cos their adverts are mostly filmed in Italy .. in summer

    Surely not - far to dangerous, the roads in Italy in summer are full of Clarkson and hundreds of
    advertising film crews making adverts with cars swooping round bends on completely empty roads
    (for some reason adverts featuring cars stuck in traffic on a wet Tuesday are rather thin on the
    gorund, although most cars will be stuck in traffic in the rain MUCH more often than they'll be on
    an empty road).

    --
    Guy
    ===

  4. Paul - XXX

    Paul - XXX Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? deftly scribbled:

    > Paul - xxx wrote:
    >
    >>> Does anyone know if upgrading to Campag will improve the weather? I've noticed that Campag
    >>> equipped riders all seem to be pictured on nice sunny roads. I could use a bit of that.
    >
    >> Isn't that 'cos their adverts are mostly filmed in Italy .. in summer
    >
    > Surely not - far to dangerous, the roads in Italy in summer are full of Clarkson and hundreds of
    > advertising film crews making adverts with cars swooping round bends on completely empty roads
    > (for some reason adverts featuring cars stuck in traffic on a wet Tuesday are rather thin on the
    > gorund, although most cars will be stuck in traffic in the rain MUCH more often than they'll be on
    > an empty road).

    As a self-proclaimed petrol head, amongst other things, I also have to admit to being born in the
    same hospital as JC in fact, I have to say he's a dick.

    He's not even good enough, at being bad, to be a dickhead.

    He's done more to promote ill will between road using 'groups' than any amount of wild, traffic
    light / zebra crossing madly waved gesticulations and verbal abuse will ever do. And the worst is,
    he thinks he's right ..

    ;)

    --
    ...................................Paul-xxx Seti 1411 wu in 10202 hours
    http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ http://graffiti.virgin.net/ar.sole/Index.htm

  5. Msa

    Msa Guest

    > Also they seem to be surrounded by nice looking women, which would be a
    bonus.

    --
    Guy

    Might be worth giving it a try, but I've been on Campag all my road riding years and it hasn't done
    me any good....weather or women!

    --
    Mark
    ______________________________________

    "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

  6. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:07:26 -0000, "Paul - xxx" <[email protected]> wrote:

    [re J*r*my Cl*rks*n]

    >He's done more to promote ill will between road using 'groups' than any amount of wild, traffic
    >light / zebra crossing madly waved gesticulations and verbal abuse will ever do. And the worst is,
    >he thinks he's right ..

    Yes. He's a loud-mouthed bigot, and if he made the same kind of remarks about an ethnic or any other
    minority as he makes about cyclists or those who choose to use public transport, he would be in very
    deep trouble.

    Hence one of my proposals is that we create a new offence of "Driving under the influence of Jeremy
    Clarkson" which would attract a mandatory lifetime ban, unlimited fine and (at the discretion of the
    court) cutting off of the goolies :)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  7. Paul-kisses claiming to be <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Just zis Guy, you know? deftly scribbled:
    > > Surely not - far to dangerous, the roads in Italy in summer are full of Clarkson and hundreds
    > > of advertising film crews making adverts with cars swooping round bends on completely empty
    > > roads (for some reason adverts featuring cars stuck in traffic on a wet Tuesday are rather thin
    > > on the gorund, although most cars will be stuck in traffic in the rain MUCH more often than
    > > they'll be on an empty road).

    Being one of those people who doesn't have a television and doesn't read weekend newspapers I reckon
    I almost never get cars advertised at me -- well, not that I notice. What I do notice when I visit
    the S4C-watching branch of the family is that TV, or S4C at least, is stiff with the most bizarre
    "branding" adverts for cars. They tell you nothing about the car, only about the image of the buyer
    which the agency employed by the manufacturer has decided to impose.

    This is so much like what cigarette adverts became before they started to be regulated that I deduce
    that the market has decided that everyone who could conceivably have a car either has a car or is
    already buying one and the only purpose of advertising is to induce brand-switching. (Oh, yes.)

    (I also learn that some of the inexplicable advertising hoardings are references to car adverts that
    are assumed to be common culture.)

    > As a self-proclaimed petrol head, amongst other things, I also have to admit to being born in the
    > same hospital as JC

    I confess that I only replied to /this/ article to admit that I had almost resisted the temptation
    to post that I thought JC was meant to have been born not in a hospital but a stable.

  8. Paul - XXX

    Paul - XXX Guest

    Geraint Jones deftly scribbled:

    > Paul-kisses claiming to be <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> As a self-proclaimed petrol head, amongst other things, I also have to admit to being born in
    >> the same hospital as JC
    >
    > I confess that I only replied to /this/ article to admit that I had almost resisted the temptation
    > to post that I thought JC was meant to have been born not in a hospital but a stable.

    LOL .. One JC was born in a stable .. This JC probably wasn't really born .. ;)

    --
    ...................................Paul-xxx Seti 1411 wu in 10202 hours
    http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ http://graffiti.virgin.net/ar.sole/Index.htm

  9. "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Yes. He's a loud-mouthed bigot, and if he made the same kind of remarks about an ethnic or any
    > other minority as he makes about cyclists or those who choose to use public transport, he would be
    > in very deep trouble.
    >
    > Hence one of my proposals is that we create a new offence of "Driving under the influence of
    > Jeremy Clarkson" which would attract a mandatory lifetime ban, unlimited fine and (at the
    > discretion of the court) cutting off of the goolies :)

    To use a Clarkson-style comparison, "If this Top Gear presenter was a
    Mr. Kipling product, it would be a fruitcake...." ;-)

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

  10. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    David E. Belcher wrote:

    >> Hence one of my proposals is that we create a new offence of "Driving under the influence of
    >> Jeremy Clarkson" which would attract a mandatory lifetime ban, unlimited fine and (at the
    >> discretion of the court) cutting off of the goolies :)

    > To use a Clarkson-style comparison, "If this Top Gear presenter was a
    > Mr. Kipling product, it would be a fruitcake...." ;-)

    I would have said stale lardy cake myself....

    --
    Guy
    ===