Campag rear mechs (triple/Long/med/short)

anderson

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
Am I right in assuming that there is no difference in length between the campag triple rear mech and their 'long' counterparts?

M. Anderson

anderson-<< Am I right in assuming that there is no difference in length between the campag triple
rear mech and their 'long' counterparts?

There are three cage lengths. The triple length can be a long cage or mid cage, as per the
description on the back of the Campagnolo catalog.

Use a mid cage for double crank and 13-28 or 13-29, use a mid cage for triples and 13-26 cogsets and
smaller, use the long cage for triples and 13-28 or 13-29, some exceptions of course.

On 29 Apr 2003 07:00:29 +0950, anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

>Am I right in assuming that there is no difference in length between the campag triple rear mech
>and their 'long' counterparts?

The 3x10 Record and Centaur cages are considerably longer than the former long cage models. It gets
confusing. I have a 1999 Daytona long cage that is the same as a 2002 Chorus medium cage. I think
that the current Centaur regular is the same as former medium in Record.

<< I think that the current Centaur regular is the same as former medium in Record.

Current Centaur is the same as the lengths for Record in small, medium and long..

Originally posted by Qui Si Parla Ca
anderson-<< Am I right in assuming that there is no difference in length between the campag triple
rear mech and their 'long' counterparts?

There are three cage lengths. The triple length can be a long cage or mid cage, as per the
description on the back of the Campagnolo catalog.

Use a mid cage for double crank and 13-28 or 13-29, use a mid cage for triples and 13-26 cogsets and
smaller, use the long cage for triples and 13-28 or 13-29, some exceptions of course.

Thanks for the info Peter. Just to let you know I got the record 8 speed levers and have just taken delivery of the 2001 (so it says on the package) racing triple (long) rear mech. I'll be running a 26/38/52 and a 13-26 (rsx chainset) They'll work together. I need that setup as I'm no climber.

Michael Anderson