Campag Record Vibration

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Msa, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Both my friend and I have recently bought Record groupsets. Is it normal for the front
    brake/changer to rattle? By rattle I mean the inner carbon lever vibrates against the outer carbon
    lever when riding over slightly rough terrain. My previous groupset (Veloce) didn't do this, but
    BOTH our Record sets do. Guess a small rubber pad would rectify the problem, but I'd like to know
    if it's 'normal'

    Thanks,
    --
    Mark (MSA)

    Bike shop assistant... "We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!

    Tags:

  2. Lou Holtman

    Lou Holtman Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Both my friend and I have recently bought Record groupsets. Is it normal for the front
    > brake/changer to rattle? By rattle I mean the inner carbon lever vibrates against the outer carbon
    > lever when riding over slightly rough terrain. My previous groupset (Veloce) didn't do this, but
    > BOTH our Record sets do. Guess a small rubber pad would rectify the problem, but I'd like to know
    > if it's 'normal'
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Mark (MSA)
    >
    > Bike shop assistant... "We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!

    There should be a little rubber 'thingie' on the backside of the brake lever to prevent this.

    Lou

  3. oneyerbikemark-<< Both my friend and I have recently bought Record groupsets. Is it normal for the
    front brake/changer to rattle? By rattle I mean the inner carbon lever vibrates against the outer
    carbon lever when riding over slightly rough terrain. >><BR><BR>

    Is the brake housing seated well into the ERGO lever? No play in the brake lever before the cable
    is pulled?

    NO Ferrule in the ERGO lever for the brake housing(!!!)..

  4. Jim Rogers

    Jim Rogers Guest

    > NO Ferrule in the ERGO lever for the brake housing(!!!)..

    Do you mean that there should be no ferrule, or that the lack of one is your diagnosis of
    the problem?

    Jim Rogers

  5. Rob S

    Rob S Guest

    MSA <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Both my friend and I have recently bought Record groupsets. Is it normal for the front
    > brake/changer to rattle? By rattle I mean the inner carbon lever vibrates against the outer carbon
    > lever when riding over slightly rough terrain. My previous groupset (Veloce) didn't do this, but
    > BOTH our Record sets do. Guess a small rubber pad would rectify the problem, but I'd like to know
    > if it's 'normal'

    No, it is not normal for the inner lever to rattle in that manner at all, as all the springs are
    nice and firm even when well used. Can you detect play in the inner lever when you tap it with
    your finger?