Campag touring derailleurs?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Walter Mitty, May 14, 2003.

  1. Walter Mitty

    Walter Mitty Guest

    is there a guide somewhere as to which campag gear mechs are ok for touring ratios? Do all models
    have a long cage options? Can anyone advise on the way to go if I want to avoid XT components for my
    new touring bike?

    --
    Walter Mitty.

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Walter Mitty wrote:
    > is there a guide somewhere as to which campag gear mechs are ok for touring ratios? Do all models
    > have a long cage options?

    http://www.campagnolo.com/psearch.php

    ~PB

  3. Walter Mitty

    Walter Mitty Guest

    "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> mistakenly thought that the internet community might be
    interested in his ill considered point of view when in news:[email protected]
    he conjectured that:

    > http://www.campagnolo.com/psearch.php

    Thanks. Can you decipher this for me?

    min. sprocket 13 - max. sprocket 29 - cap. 39 - max. front diff. 23

    I guess max rear sprocket is 29 : but is "cap "capable of"??

    --
    Walter Mitty.

  4. Walter Mitty

    Walter Mitty Guest

    Walter Mitty <[email protected]> mistakenly thought that the internet community might be interested in
    his ill considered point of view when in news:[email protected] he
    conjectured that:

    > Thanks. Can you decipher this for me?
    >
    > min. sprocket 13 - max. sprocket 29 - cap. 39 - max. front diff. 23
    >
    > I guess max rear sprocket is 29 : but is "cap "capable of"??

    I found the PDF : all is now clear. Thanks.

    --
    Walter Mitty.

  5. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Walter Mitty wrote:

    >> http://www.campagnolo.com/psearch.php
    >
    > Thanks. Can you decipher this for me?
    >
    > min. sprocket 13 - max. sprocket 29 - cap. 39 - max. front diff. 23
    >
    > I guess max rear sprocket is 29 : but is "cap "capable of"??

    "cap" = capacity, but this can be pushed a little. I've found my Campagnolo Daytona front + Racing T
    and Xenon long cage rear derailleurs can cope with 24/39/52 chainrings + 14-28 cassette (and
    similar) - providing the smallest few sprockets are avoided when on the inner chainring.

    ~PB