Campagnolo 53T Chainring

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Pann McCuaig, May 26, 2003.

  1. Pann McCuaig

    Pann McCuaig Guest

    Campagnolo 53T Chainring

    Used but with lots of life left. No hooked teeth.

    This chainring came to me mounted on a Racing Triple crankset. Since I'm not young and not skinny, I
    put the original 50T chainring back on. I can't tell you what gruppo it's from. I'm pretty sure it's
    designed to be used on a 53/39 double (closeup photos at URL below).

    I'll take $20 shipped (USPS Priority) for the chainring.

    http://cville.ourmanpann.com/forsale/campy53/

    Cheers,
    Pann
    --
    geek by nature, Linux by choice L I N U X .~. The Choice /V\ http://www.ourmanpann.com/linux/ of a
    GNU /( )\ Generation ^^-^^

    Tags:

  2. Pann McCuaig

    Pann McCuaig Guest

    Pann McCuaig wrote:
    > Campagnolo 53T Chainring

    Oops, sorry, I misspelled marketplace. :-(

    Cheers,
    Pann
    --
    geek by nature, Linux by choice L I N U X .~. The Choice /V\ http://www.ourmanpann.com/linux/ of a
    GNU /( )\ Generation ^^-^^

  3. TNEWSOME1

    TNEWSOME1 Guest

    I have a Campagnolo 53T chainring I would just assume GIVE away! I would love to trade it for a 50T
    ring. The 53T is almost useless with the smallest four cassette cogs.

    "Pann McCuaig" <pann@ourmanpann.com> wrote in message
    > Campagnolo 53T Chainring
    >
    > Used but with lots of life left. No hooked teeth.
    >
    > This chainring came to me mounted on a Racing Triple crankset. Since I'm not young and not skinny,
    > I put the original 50T chainring back on. I can't tell you what gruppo it's from. I'm pretty sure
    > it's designed to be used on a 53/39 double (closeup photos at URL below).
    >
    > I'll take $20 shipped (USPS Priority) for the chainring.
    >
    > http://cville.ourmanpann.com/forsale/campy53/
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Pann
    > --
    > geek by nature, Linux by choice L I N U X .~. The Choice /V\ http://www.ourmanpann.com/linux/ of a
    > GNU /( )\ Generation ^^-^^

  4. I have a campagnolo nuovo record 43T chainring. The ring seems to be the lamination of many (up to
    20-25) different layers of aluminum. Like a book that got wet, this chainring is heaving up in some
    places (looks like it has zits in some places) as some sort of "rotting" process causes the aluminum
    in the middle of the ring to oxidize. THis is most noticeable by looking at the inside of the ring,
    where you can see all the thin lines, and some of them are spread by upto 1mm in the worst case.

    1. why are these chainrings the result of laminations ??

    2. what are in the laminations ?? different types of aluminum ??

    3. does campy make any chainrings that aren't laminated ?? because this one sure died an early
    death because of it.

    - Don Gillies San Diego, CA

  5. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Donald Gillies" <gillies@cs.ubc.ca> wrote in message news:bausrh$rrs$1@cascade.cs.ubc.ca...
    > I have a campagnolo nuovo record 43T chainring. The ring seems to be the lamination of many (up to
    > 20-25) different layers of aluminum. Like a book that got wet, this chainring is heaving up in
    > some places (looks like it has zits in some places) as some sort of "rotting" process causes the
    > aluminum in the middle of the ring to oxidize. THis is most noticeable by looking at the inside of
    > the ring, where you can see all the thin lines, and some of them are spread by upto 1mm in the
    > worst case.
    >
    > 1. why are these chainrings the result of laminations ??
    >
    > 2. what are in the laminations ?? different types of aluminum ??
    >
    > 3. does campy make any chainrings that aren't laminated ?? because this one sure died an early
    > death because of it.

    That's the distinctive effect of salt water corrosion in aluminum. You can see cranks do that
    occasionally as the oxides (which are larger than metals) split the grain open, allow more salt
    water, repeat. Odd in a chainring. Was it stored damp??

  6. ajcoles

    ajcoles New Member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2003
    Tnewsome1, is there a way we can contact you?