Campagnolo bottom bracket axle.

Anyone know of a generic axle for the early thin-wall cups? For a 68mm
bracket, thought I had one in the shed but it must be hiding. I have
not measured the instep to the centres of the race yet but guess at an
axle 3mm longer between bearing centres than the 68-SS unit on another
bike with the later cups.
A spare stronglight axle from a 70mm bracket set is a shade too
short.

[email protected] wrote:
> Anyone know of a generic axle for the early thin-wall cups? For a 68mm
> bracket, thought I had one in the shed but it must be hiding. I have
> not measured the instep to the centres of the race yet but guess at an
> axle 3mm longer between bearing centres than the 68-SS unit on another
> bike with the later cups.
> A spare stronglight axle from a 70mm bracket set is a shade too
> short.

Suntour spindles work great.

I think I once used a Specialized Axle and it worked fine as well. Perhaps even
made by Suntour.