Campagnolo Brake Hood Question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bike Doc, Jun 21, 2004.

  1. Bike Doc

    Bike Doc Guest

    Hi,

    I have several sets of 1997 style Campagnolo Ergo levers on my bikes.
    After about one year of use the brake hoods no longer hold there position
    and start to creep forward.
    I have them properly seated with the tabs in the holes on the lever.

    Is there a way to keep these hoods (EC- RE500) in place?

    Thanks,

    --
    Bike Doc

    www.vcrbiketeam.org

    Remove (No Spam) from all replies.

    Newsgroup replies and postings are for
    entertainment purposes only.

    Tags:

  2. "Bike Doc" <BikeDoc(NoSpam)[email protected]> writes:

    >Hi,

    >I have several sets of 1997 style Campagnolo Ergo levers on my bikes.
    >After about one year of use the brake hoods no longer hold there position
    >and start to creep forward.
    >I have them properly seated with the tabs in the holes on the lever.

    >Is there a way to keep these hoods (EC- RE500) in place?

    Glue them with some silicone rubber ?? Silicone is great stuff, it
    contains a mild acid (acetic acid, like concentrade vinegar) that will
    etch the calipers imperceptibly and should cause the hoods to "stick"
    to the calipers tightly.

    - Don Gillies