Campagnolo Brake Hood Question

Bike Doc

Guest
Hi,

I have several sets of 1997 style Campagnolo Ergo levers on my bikes.
After about one year of use the brake hoods no longer hold there position
and start to creep forward.
I have them properly seated with the tabs in the holes on the lever.

Is there a way to keep these hoods (EC- RE500) in place?

Thanks,

--
Bike Doc

www.vcrbiketeam.org

Remove (No Spam) from all replies.

Newsgroup replies and postings are for
entertainment purposes only.

"Bike Doc" <BikeDoc(NoSpam)[email protected]> writes:

>Hi,

>I have several sets of 1997 style Campagnolo Ergo levers on my bikes.
>After about one year of use the brake hoods no longer hold there position
>and start to creep forward.
>I have them properly seated with the tabs in the holes on the lever.

>Is there a way to keep these hoods (EC- RE500) in place?

Glue them with some silicone rubber ?? Silicone is great stuff, it
contains a mild acid (acetic acid, like concentrade vinegar) that will
etch the calipers imperceptibly and should cause the hoods to "stick"
to the calipers tightly.

- Don Gillies