Campagnolo Chorus BB question

Tony

Guest
I have a Chorus BB '98-99 model, is it compatible with current 9spd from any of the following
Xenon,Mirage or Veloce Any advice would be great

I don't think it is. The Chorus uses a 102 mm axel and the others use on that is 111mm I think
"Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3e37586f@info-int...
> I have a Chorus BB '98-99 model, is it compatible with current 9spd from
any
> of the following Xenon,Mirage or Veloce Any advice would be great

The reason I am asking this question is basically the BB is stuck in the frame, courtesy of my local
bikehsop that used 'Loctite' and therefore can now not be removed

"Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3e375a6d@info-int...
> Thanks, but will the crank spider hit the frame? "Jeff Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> > I don't think it is. The Chorus uses a 102 mm axel and the others use
on
> > that is 111mm I think "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > I have a Chorus BB '98-99 model, is it compatible with current 9spd
from
> > any
> > > of the following Xenon,Mirage or Veloce Any advice would be great

Tony, The spider may not hit the frame, but the chainrings will. You really need a 111mm BB for
Centuer and below. Try the non-drive side cup again. Once that cup is out, the other side will as
well. Use a fresh tool and use a crank bolt with a washer to hold the tool into the splines. Make
sure to loosen the crank bolt once the tool starts to move. Remember, use leaverage... Hope this
helps, Garry

BTW: If you need a 111mm BB, I have some Campy ones at a good price.

"Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3e37586f@info-int...
> I have a Chorus BB '98-99 model, is it compatible with current 9spd from
any
> of the following Xenon,Mirage or Veloce Any advice would be great

<< I have a Chorus BB '98-99 model, is it compatible with current 9spd from any of the following
Xenon,Mirage or Veloce Any advice would be great

No sir-the Chorus and Record, starting in 1995, are 102mm spindle length and the others you mention
are 111mm..

"Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<3e375ea6@info-int>...
> The reason I am asking this question is basically the BB is stuck in the frame, courtesy of my
> local bikehsop that used 'Loctite' and therefore can now not be removed

Been there, done that (several times).

Use a long enough threaded bolt (a QR will do but I recommend something that absolutley won't slip),
locked down the splined removal tool onto the fixed cup. Use a longish cresent (know which way the
jaws should be right? There is the stationary jaw and an adjustable jaw.) or a box wrench, something
in the order of ~14", use a > 16oz hammer and tap sharply at the end of wrench to loosen. I assume
your stuck BB is ITL so it must be loosen counter-clockwise! It will work. If you are a pro or a
perfectionist, buy a TACX tool ($20 at Excel) that does the same thing.