Campagnolo Chorus/Record Medium/Long-Cage Derailleurs

Donald Gillies

Guest
What is the difference between a campyagnolo medium pulley-
cage derailleur, and a long pulley-cage (triple) derailleur,
and why does this difference make the pulley cages
incompatible between the two derailleurs ?? I'm speaking
about the 9/10 speed derailleurs, year 2000+. Thanx,

- Don Gillies San Diego, CA

Donald Gillies wrote:

> What is the difference between a campyagnolo medium pulley-
> cage derailleur, and a long pulley-cage (triple)
> derailleur, and why does this difference make the
> pulley cages incompatible between the two derailleurs
> ?? I'm speaking about the 9/10 speed derailleurs, year
> 2000+. Thanx,
>
> - Don Gillies San Diego, CA

Incompatible to do what? With what?

Kenny Lee

Kenny Lee <[email protected]> writes:

>> What is the difference between a campagnolo medium pulley-
>> cage derailleur, and a long pulley-cage (triple)
>> derailleur.

>Incompatible to do what? With what?

According to the Campagnolo catalogues, the (short/medium)
and (long) pulley cages cannot be switched on a single
derailleur parallelogram. I was wondering why. Do the
derailleur parallelograms have different pulley-cage bolt
sizes ?? Do the derailleur parallelograms have different
slants to the paralellogram ?? I was wondering why this parts-
switch cannot be made.

- Don Gillies San Diego, CA

Donald Gillies wrote:

> Kenny Lee <[email protected]> writes:
>

>>>What is the difference between a campagnolo medium pulley-
>>>cage derailleur, and a long pulley-cage (triple)
>>>derailleur.
>

>>Incompatible to do what? With what?
>

> According to the Campagnolo catalogues, the (short/medium)
> and (long) pulley cages cannot be switched on a single
> derailleur parallelogram. I was wondering why. Do the
> derailleur parallelograms have different pulley-cage bolt
> sizes ?? Do the derailleur parallelograms have different
> slants to the paralellogram ?? I was wondering why this
> parts-switch cannot be made.
>
> - Don Gillies San Diego, CA

Gee-whiz, hate to be cynical but I think they say that
because they want you to buy two RDs. Maybe Peter Chisholm
has a clear mechanical perspective on this.

Kenny Lee

gillies-<< What is the difference between a campyagnolo
medium pulley-cage derailleur, and a long pulley-cage
(triple) derailleur, and why does this difference make the
pulley cages incompatible between the two derailleurs ??
>><BR><BR>

The only difference is the cage assembly length. You can
make a medium cage a long one by bolting on the
appropriate assembly.

Boulder, CO, 80302
costruite eccezionalmente bene"

For instance, on the Centaur rear der...Short cage assembly
is RD-DA-001, Medium is RD-CE-001T, lomg is RD-CE-101T, samo
for Record, Chorus and Veloce, Mirage...