Campagnolo "controllo" numbers

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected], Jan 20, 2007.

  1. The numbers printed on the white/blue stickers-- are these useful in
    ID-ing parts? Example: 010,118 on an 8sp cassette-- does this tell
    anything about the construction of the cassette? --D-y

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > The numbers printed on the white/blue stickers-- are these useful in
    > ID-ing parts? Example: 010,118 on an 8sp cassette-- does this tell
    > anything about the construction of the cassette? --D-y

    Not at our place!

    We toss empty plastic bags in a bin and re-use them to repack things
    which had no package when received. The sticker on your 'cassette' bag
    may well have been from a cable set. Campagnolo cassettes come to us in
    a box with no plastic bag at all.

    I've never seen a pattern in the sticker numbers.
    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

  3. A Muzi wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    > > The numbers printed on the white/blue stickers-- are these useful in
    > > ID-ing parts? Example: 010,118 on an 8sp cassette-- does this tell
    > > anything about the construction of the cassette? --D-y

    > Not at our place!
    >
    > We toss empty plastic bags in a bin and re-use them to repack things
    > which had no package when received. The sticker on your 'cassette' bag
    > may well have been from a cable set. Campagnolo cassettes come to us in
    > a box with no plastic bag at all.
    >
    > I've never seen a pattern in the sticker numbers.

    Thanks, appreciated. --D-y

  4. jmoryl

    jmoryl New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2004
    I think those stickers are the Italian version of 'Inspected by Number 8'.

  5. D'ohBoy

    D'ohBoy Guest

    jmoryl wrote:

    > I think those stickers are the Italian version of 'Inspected by Number
    > 8'.

    > jmoryl

    I was thinking the same thing, but then I wondered if it wasn't more
    like a lot # or other part/rev/production date type id.

    The numbers appear too complicated for a simple inspector id.

    D'ohBoy