Campagnolo crank arm bolt washer

Hi,

I have stupidly lost the washer that goes with the crank arm bolt for
one of my chorus cranks.

I've been to three bike shops and a hardware store, and have not
managed to find a replacement washer.

Does anyone know where I can find one? Surely this shouldn't be so
difficult :)

Thanks,
Mark.

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 06:01:46 -0700, markalroberts wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have stupidly lost the washer that goes with the crank arm bolt for
> one of my chorus cranks.
>
> I've been to three bike shops and a hardware store, and have not
> managed to find a replacement washer.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find one? Surely this shouldn't be so
> difficult :)

You have one left, correct? It should be an easy matter to match them.
If not available at a hardware store, try an auto-parts place. Getting a
genuine Campy washer may be outrageously expensive, but if you can't find
anything else, check with Peter at Vecchios.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems.
_`\(,_ | -- Paul Erdos
(_)/ (_) |

[email protected] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have stupidly lost the washer that goes with the crank arm bolt for
> one of my chorus cranks.
>
> I've been to three bike shops and a hardware store, and have not
> managed to find a replacement washer.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find one? Surely this shouldn't be so
> difficult :)
>

> Thanks,
> Mark.

I have them, call me..$9 per..Campag washers. They need to be the
proper ID, so to hit the proper part of the bolt, There on Friday and
Saturday, off today, Thursday.

[email protected] writes:

>Hi,

>I have stupidly lost the washer that goes with the crank arm bolt for
>one of my chorus cranks.

It doesn't say "CAMPAGNOLO" on it does it ?? You might consider
downgrading to a SUGINO washer for $0.55 from www.loosescrews.com.
The SUGINO washer is fully 20x cheaper than a campy washer ...

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

Donald Gillies wrote:
> [email protected] writes:
>
> >Hi,

> >I have stupidly lost the washer that goes with the crank arm bolt for
> >one of my chorus cranks.

> It doesn't say "CAMPAGNOLO" on it does it ?? You might consider
> downgrading to a SUGINO washer for $0.55 from www.loosescrews.com.
> The SUGINO washer is fully 20x cheaper than a campy washer ...

butbutbut [1], the Sugino washer lacks the European Heritage and
Mystique [TM] of the genuine Campagnolo washer!

[1] As our friend gene might write.

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

Donald Gillies wrote:
> [email protected] writes:
>
> >Hi,

> >I have stupidly lost the washer that goes with the crank arm bolt for
> >one of my chorus cranks.

> It doesn't say "CAMPAGNOLO" on it does it ?? You might consider
> downgrading to a SUGINO washer for $0.55 from www.loosescrews.com.
> The SUGINO washer is fully 20x cheaper than a campy washer ...
>
> - Don Gillies
> San Diego, CA

If he does he needs to ensure the inside diameter is the same..it DOES
matter. Campag washers are larger inside diameter than most others,
because of the little shoulder on the crank bolts by the head.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> Donald Gillies wrote:
> > [email protected] writes:
> >
> > >Hi,

> > >I have stupidly lost the washer that goes with the crank arm bolt for
> > >one of my chorus cranks.

> > It doesn't say "CAMPAGNOLO" on it does it ?? You might consider
> > downgrading to a SUGINO washer for $0.55 from www.loosescrews.com.
> > The SUGINO washer is fully 20x cheaper than a campy washer ...
> >
> > - Don Gillies
> > San Diego, CA

> If he does he needs to ensure the inside diameter is the same..it DOES
> matter. Campag washers are larger inside diameter than most others,
> because of the little shoulder on the crank bolts by the head.

Thanks! Parker International sorted me out for 50p (less than 1$) :)

You're correct though, it's not a very standard size, as far as I can
see!

Thanks for the help!
Mark.