Campagnolo Electrons weight limit?

phillipsdt

Feb 29, 2004
Hey, I just bought a bike on eBay and it has Campy Electrons on it. I know nothing about this wheelset and am wondering if they are right for me. I am a large rider, 6'2" and wiegh in the 220 range. Is there a weight limit on these wheels?

I don't know about the particular wheels you mention, but the Campy website says that you should be "especially vigilant" if you're over around 80kg (176lbs), and check regularly for cracks, signs of fatigue etc., but that there is no definite weight limit.

Originally posted by mjw_byrne
I don't know about the particular wheels you mention, but the Campy website says that you should be "especially vigilant" if you're over around 80kg (176lbs), and check regularly for cracks, signs of fatigue etc., but that there is no definite weight limit.

Thanks for the information from the Campy website. Where did you find that? I looked at their site last night and could find nothing along those lines.

Campy don't specify a weight limit on their products but they do mention some stuff about regular inspection in their FAQ section i think.

I checked the same thing before I bought my campy wheels

Originally posted by phillipsdt
Hey, I just bought a bike on eBay and it has Campy Electrons on it. I know nothing about this wheelset and am wondering if they are right for me. I am a large rider, 6'2" and wiegh in the 220 range. Is there a weight limit on these wheels?

I've been riding Campy's Nuetrons for just over a year now. They have more than 5000 miles on them. I am 6'0" and weigh 195. I have not had any issues with these wheels. They are very similar to the Electrons, but use a Record hub and bladed spokes. I only had to true them up after the first couple hundred miles (typical for any new wheels) and have not touched them since - even after slamming into a few pot holes while not paying attention (the winter here has done a number on the roads). I love the ride they give and have not had any issues.

Originally posted by KGnagey
I've been riding Campy's Nuetrons for just over a year now. They have more than 5000 miles on them. I am 6'0" and weigh 195. I have not had any issues with these wheels. They are very similar to the Electrons, but use a Record hub and bladed spokes. I only had to true them up after the first couple hundred miles (typical for any new wheels) and have not touched them since - even after slamming into a few pot holes while not paying attention (the winter here has done a number on the roads). I love the ride they give and have not had any issues.

Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to give them a try and I hope they hold up. They seem like a very nice wheel set.