campagnolo euclid rear deraileur ?

mariusz

Guest
hi there,
I have just bought interesting RD, it has long cage:
http://mnienalt.googlepages.com/h1h.jpg
I believe that this is early version of campagnolo euclid or
campagnolo super record triple.
Any suggestions, ideas, what group is that and what is the most likely
year of production ?

regards
Mariusz

I have forgotten to add that there is no "PAT 84" sign on that thing

mariusz <[email protected]> wrote:
> hi there,
> I have just bought interesting RD, it has long cage:
> http://mnienalt.googlepages.com/h1h.jpg
> I believe that this is early version of campagnolo euclid or
> campagnolo super record triple.
> Any suggestions, ideas, what group is that and what is the most likely
> year of production ?

to me it looks like somthing from the late 90'es. Long after
Campagnolo abandoned the MTB market. Does the jockey weels say 7, 8 og
9 speed?

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

Morten Reippuert Knudsen <[email protected]> writes:
> mariusz <[email protected]> wrote:
> > hi there,
> > I have just bought interesting RD, it has long cage:
> > http://mnienalt.googlepages.com/h1h.jpg
> > I believe that this is early version of campagnolo euclid or
> > campagnolo super record triple.
> > Any suggestions, ideas, what group is that and what is the most likely
> > year of production ?

> to me it looks like somthing from the late 90'es. Long after
> Campagnolo abandoned the MTB market. Does the jockey weels say 7, 8 og
> 9 speed?

No way. Everything from 1994 (give or take a year) onwards also
carries the name of the group, and this one clearly doesn't (and never
has). To me it looks a lot like Olympus, see
<http://www.campyonly.com/images/catalogs/1991/91olympus.jpg>.

mariusz wrote:
> hi there,
> I have just bought interesting RD, it has long cage:
> http://mnienalt.googlepages.com/h1h.jpg
> I believe that this is early version of campagnolo euclid or
> campagnolo super record triple.
> Any suggestions, ideas, what group is that and what is the most likely
> year of production ?

1992 (1991?) Olympus (Icarus?) rear changer

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org