Campagnolo head for Silca pump?

mmb

May 19, 2005
Hi,

Looking to buy a classic Silca frame pump with Campagnolo head for restoring my 1980s "parade" bike, but on eBay I see Campag. heads with different looking threads. Some have a simple square female thread while others have some type of "extension" with a male thread (such as the one in the attached link) . . . can anyone help me clarify which is the one I'd be looking to buy, and what pump is the right match? I am hoping I can get a non-frame fit Silca (to mount with the clip "umbrellas"), but otherwise a frame fit is fine if I can't find the older style.

Sorry for the "retro" mail among titanium, aluminum and carbon cyclists, but not easy to figure where else to post this question. (If there is a better place, pls let me know).

Thanks

I still use a metal Campy pump head (with blue rubber covered "prongs") on my frame-fit Silca which came with my custom Holland frame approx. 16-17 years ago. The pump head has a square platform at its base from which extends the male threaded post. The Silca pump has a female threaded insert to accept the pump head's post, as well as a metal collar/sleeve with a square cutout surrounding the female insert to allow the pump head's square platform to mate properly with the collar/sleeve. I'm not sure what the bracket/additional material is in your attached image. I suppose it could have something to do with the umbrella, but I thought the umbrella was only used for the handle/grip end.