Campagnolo hub dimensions query.

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Andrew Webster, May 11, 2003.

  1. Does any Campagnolo afficianado know the dimensions of a Nuovo Tipo normal (low) flange front hub?

    Alternatively, is there a good source for this information on the Internet that I have missed?

    I need to rebuild my front wheel (rim is worn out). I don't trust my measurements of hubs, which are
    often a bit off compared with Spocalc, particularly measuring hubs that are already part of a wheel
    (I find it particularly hard to measure spoke circle diameter accurately as the axle gets in the way
    of my ruler). I go with Spocalc, but it doesn't list this model.

    Dimensions for the rear hub might be handy too as I will eventually re-build that wheel to match
    the front.

    (I wish all my bike components worked as well/lasted as long as these hubs!)

    Thanks

    Andrew

    Tags:

  2. << Does any Campagnolo afficianado know the dimensions of a Nuovo Tipo normal (low) flange
    front hub?

    Believe it's 39mm flange diameter and 34mm center to flange-from memory but I think these are
    the numbers

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Andrew Webster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does any Campagnolo afficianado know the dimensions of a Nuovo Tipo normal (low) flange front hub?
    >
    > Alternatively, is there a good source for this information on the Internet that I have missed?
    >
    > I need to rebuild my front wheel (rim is worn out). I don't trust my measurements of hubs, which
    > are often a bit off compared with Spocalc, particularly measuring hubs that are already part of a
    > wheel (I find it particularly hard to measure spoke circle diameter accurately as the axle gets in
    > the way of my ruler). I go with Spocalc, but it doesn't list this model.
    >
    > Dimensions for the rear hub might be handy too as I will eventually re-build that wheel to match
    > the front.
    >
    > (I wish all my bike components worked as well/lasted as long as these hubs!)

    The Nuovo Tipo / Gran Sport is the same dimensions (for spoke calculations) as the 1035 Record, Dura
    Ace and similar classic high flange hubs, 2.3mm. 67mm, 34mm.

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Andrew Webster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected].google.com...
    > Does any Campagnolo afficianado know the dimensions of a Nuovo Tipo normal (low) flange front hub?
    >
    > Alternatively, is there a good source for this information on the Internet that I have missed?
    >
    > I need to rebuild my front wheel (rim is worn out). I don't trust my measurements of hubs, which
    > are often a bit off compared with Spocalc, particularly measuring hubs that are already part of a
    > wheel (I find it particularly hard to measure spoke circle diameter accurately as the axle gets in
    > the way of my ruler). I go with Spocalc, but it doesn't list this model.
    >
    > Dimensions for the rear hub might be handy too as I will eventually re-build that wheel to match
    > the front.
    >
    > (I wish all my bike components worked as well/lasted as long as these hubs!)

    OOPS I wrote the HIGH flange numbers. Low are 2.3, 38.5, 35. Again same as most classic hub shells
    of the era.

  5. "A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Andrew Webster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Does any Campagnolo afficianado know the dimensions of a Nuovo Tipo normal (low) flange
    > > front hub?

    > OOPS I wrote the HIGH flange numbers. Low are 2.3, 38.5, 35. Again same as most classic hub shells
    > of the era.

    Thanks chaps. I can now buy my spokes with confidence (as long as I read off the right line of
    Spocalc this time!).