Campagnolo Jersey sizing issue

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by wcngu1, Sep 9, 2006.

1. wcngu1

wcngu1 New Member

I"m in a bit of a pickle with Campagnolo Jersey sizes as shown below. I"m usually a medium in everything which includes a JAGGAD jacket I bought last week which fit me perfectly. The JAGGAD website showed that their medium is 95cm/37cm but 95cm is exactly 37.4cm which is 0.1cm off a Large size in the Campy sizes. so I"m pretty much on the border haha Does anyone have experience with Campy Jersey's or gear? Should I get the Larger size and have it a bit loose or should I shoot for the MEdium and have it a little tight? my shoulders are around 49-50cm (unless I stuffed up the measurement method I sort of guessed). I heard the Campag are a pretty small fit so I"m a bit worried on what to do :confused:

CAmpag size chart

SizeChestSmall (S)32 to 34

Medium (M)34.5 to 37

Large (L)37.5 to 40

X-Large (XL)40.5 to 42XX-Large (XXL)42.5 to 44

[​IMG]Sizing Chart :: XS 85cm,33.5 inch
    S 90cm, 35 inch
    M 95cm, 37 inches
    L 100cm, 39 inch
    XL 105cm,41 inch
    XXL 110cm, 43 inch

[​IMG]::Close::

Tags:

2. capwater

capwater New Member

Euro sizing is US sizing plus one size up, thus a US medium is akin to a Euro large.

3. wcngu1

wcngu1 New Member

So its still ok to go a size up even if I"m on the border of the 37 ish inch? I"ve never worn a jersey before haha this will be my first so I don't know which is worse. a loose or a tight jersey :D

I think I"ll just buy the Large to be safe....

4. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

Will not comment on the sizing issue, but you would want a relatively tight fitting jersey (no, not sausage tight) as the last thing you want is a tent flapping all over the place while you ride! :)

5. capwater

capwater New Member

To take it further, a race type jersey will be a bit tighter than a general rec riding jersey