Campagnolo Mirage cassettes

Any experience with Campagnolo 9 speed Mirage cassettes? They are
listed as having a galvanized coating instead of the nickel chrome
finish on all of the higher range cassettes.

[email protected] wrote:
> Any experience with Campagnolo 9 speed Mirage cassettes? They are
> listed as having a galvanized coating instead of the nickel chrome
> finish on all of the higher range cassettes.

Sure, not as pretty but they work just fine and dandy. They will last
as long as Veloce, just check yer chain.

> [email protected] wrote:
> > Any experience with Campagnolo 9 speed Mirage cassettes? They are
> > listed as having a galvanized coating instead of the nickel chrome
> > finish on all of the higher range cassettes.

> Sure, not as pretty but they work just fine and dandy. They will last
> as long as Veloce, just check yer chain.

Does Mirage 9 come in 13-28 like Veloce? If so, how much?

bfd wrote:
> "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > Any experience with Campagnolo 9 speed Mirage cassettes? They are
> > > listed as having a galvanized coating instead of the nickel chrome
> > > finish on all of the higher range cassettes.

> > Sure, not as pretty but they work just fine and dandy. They will last
> > as long as Veloce, just check yer chain.
> >

> Does Mirage 9 come in 13-28 like Veloce? If so, how much?

http://www.campagnolo.com/groupsets.php?gid=5&cid=5

12-23, 13-23, 13-26

In England, Mirage 9 is about 5 Pounds cheaper than Veloce 9. I've
never seen anyone advertise it on the internet in the US.

bfd wrote:
> "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > Any experience with Campagnolo 9 speed Mirage cassettes? They are
> > > listed as having a galvanized coating instead of the nickel chrome
> > > finish on all of the higher range cassettes.

> > Sure, not as pretty but they work just fine and dandy. They will last
> > as long as Veloce, just check yer chain.
> >

> Does Mirage 9 come in 13-28 like Veloce? If so, how much?

Should have mentioned you can easily get the 13-26 cassette and then
substitute the 28 cog from a used 13-28 cassette in place of the 26.
13-14-15-16-17-19-21-23-28. Been running this combination since 1999
on one bike. Short cage rear derailleur shifts the 23-28 shift fine
enough on the two times a year I make it. QBP also sells a Campagnolo
hub compatible 28 tooth cog for 9 speed.

[email protected] wrote:
> Any experience with Campagnolo 9 speed Mirage cassettes? They are
> listed as having a galvanized coating instead of the nickel chrome
> finish on all of the higher range cassettes.

Mirage sprockets become stained and unsightly after a while, but still
work well.

~PB

bfd wrote:
> "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > Any experience with Campagnolo 9 speed Mirage cassettes? They are
> > > listed as having a galvanized coating instead of the nickel chrome
> > > finish on all of the higher range cassettes.

> > Sure, not as pretty but they work just fine and dandy. They will last
> > as long as Veloce, just check yer chain.
> >

> Does Mirage 9 come in 13-28 like Veloce? If so, how much?

No, 13-26 is the largest.