Campagnolo Neutron Maintenance

Roach11

Jul 24, 2005
I have a set of 2004 Campagnolo Neutron and would like to know how and when you need to lubricate the hubs using the famous grease hole. How often should you add grease in there and what type of grease should I use? Also what is the best way to get the grease inside there?

Sorry for all the questions :rolleyes:

I also have a set of Campy Neutron wheels.
Campy recommends lubing the hubs every 1,200 to 1,800 miles.
You need a grease gun with a needle nozzle. These can be found at the local hardware store, Home Depot...etc.
Here's a web site with a pic of what you need. It's the same one I use. Works perfect.

http://store.autotoolexpress.com/ast101.html

Usually about every 1,500 miles I'll give the hubs a few pumps of grease. If you "over" grease the hubs, grease will typically ooze out of the ends of the axle shafts. This will show up after a ride, due to centrifical force of the spinning wheels. Not a big deal, just wipe the excess off. So, for the next few rides after you lube the hubs, check for any of that excess grease.
Grease ? Any good bearing hub cycling grease will do the trick. The fellas at my local shop use "Finish Line". Lots of good ones out there.
Good Luck !

Thanks for the post, you really helped me out. I'm going to go buy a grase gun right now. :D