CAMPAGNOLO Pedal

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kalukis, Mar 30, 2003.

  1. Kalukis

    Kalukis Guest

    I'm thinking about replacing the off-brand Look style cleats I have on my road bike. I've heard some
    good/some bad about the new Campagnolo pedals - either Chorus or Daytona?

    (yeah, this is a copy of my earlier post on SPD-SL cleats; didn't want to confuse the two issues)
    Thanks Kalukis

    Tags:

  2. Jeff Martin

    Jeff Martin Guest

    I switch from Look to Campy Chorus the first year that the Pro Fit pedal came out. I have never had
    a second thought about it. I really like mine. "Kalukis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm thinking about replacing the off-brand Look style cleats I have on my road bike. I've heard
    > some good/some bad about the new Campagnolo
    pedals -
    > either Chorus or Daytona?
    >
    > (yeah, this is a copy of my earlier post on SPD-SL cleats; didn't want to confuse the two issues)
    > Thanks Kalukis

  3. "Kalukis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm thinking about replacing the off-brand Look style cleats I have on my road bike. I've heard
    > some good/some bad about the new Campagnolo pedals - either Chorus or Daytona?
    >
    > (yeah, this is a copy of my earlier post on SPD-SL cleats; didn't want to confuse the two issues)
    > Thanks Kalukis

    If first impressions mean anything, I'm going to be a fan of Campag Pro Fit Plus pedals. I've
    used them for only a hundred or so miles, but I'm so far very happy with them. Easy to set up,
    easy to get into, just a touch of float, easy and predictable release, light, small, not too
    pricy, etc., etc.

    I switched from Speedplay Zero's after about a year on them. I liked them very much also, but wasn't
    such a fan of the overly complicated cleat, of which I broke two. The feel and ride of them was
    great. Prior to that, it was 14 years on Time. The old pedal was getting long in the tooth, but the
    new ones are just too damn expensive.

    Since your coming off a Look clone, Campag will feel very natural to you. Put your cleats in the
    same position and off you go. Cheers. --Jim

  4. mottley-<< 'm thinking about replacing the off-brand Look style cleats I have on my road bike. I've
    heard some good/some bad about the new Campagnolo pedals - either Chorus or Daytona?

    I was a long tome LOOK user and went to Record when they first were introduced and they seemed
    like....LOOK pedals, even put the cleast in the same place. First gen was kinda tough to get out of
    unless you bent the spring up a wee bit, ProFit Plus doesn't have this problem. VERY smooth, very
    rebuildable-great pedal. Chorus has adjustable cup and ball bearings, Centaur has two cart bearings,
    body otherwise is the same-

  5. Tom Paterson

    Tom Paterson Guest

    >From: [email protected] (Meccanico di Bici)

    >Since your coming off a Look clone, Campag will feel very natural to you. Put your cleats in the
    >same position and off you go.

    IME the Campy needs a little more precise rotational movement to release than Looks. Good to
    practice a little before you go out and play in traffic. --Tom Paterson