CAMPAGNOLO Pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kalukis

I'm thinking about replacing the off-brand Look style cleats I have on my road bike. I've heard some
good/some bad about the new Campagnolo pedals - either Chorus or Daytona?

(yeah, this is a copy of my earlier post on SPD-SL cleats; didn't want to confuse the two issues)
Thanks Kalukis

I switch from Look to Campy Chorus the first year that the Pro Fit pedal came out. I have never had
a second thought about it. I really like mine. "Kalukis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm thinking about replacing the off-brand Look style cleats I have on my road bike. I've heard
> some good/some bad about the new Campagnolo
pedals -
> either Chorus or Daytona?
>
> (yeah, this is a copy of my earlier post on SPD-SL cleats; didn't want to confuse the two issues)
> Thanks Kalukis

"Kalukis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm thinking about replacing the off-brand Look style cleats I have on my road bike. I've heard
> some good/some bad about the new Campagnolo pedals - either Chorus or Daytona?
>
> (yeah, this is a copy of my earlier post on SPD-SL cleats; didn't want to confuse the two issues)
> Thanks Kalukis

If first impressions mean anything, I'm going to be a fan of Campag Pro Fit Plus pedals. I've
used them for only a hundred or so miles, but I'm so far very happy with them. Easy to set up,
easy to get into, just a touch of float, easy and predictable release, light, small, not too
pricy, etc., etc.

I switched from Speedplay Zero's after about a year on them. I liked them very much also, but wasn't
such a fan of the overly complicated cleat, of which I broke two. The feel and ride of them was
great. Prior to that, it was 14 years on Time. The old pedal was getting long in the tooth, but the
new ones are just too damn expensive.

Since your coming off a Look clone, Campag will feel very natural to you. Put your cleats in the
same position and off you go. Cheers. --Jim

mottley-<< 'm thinking about replacing the off-brand Look style cleats I have on my road bike. I've
heard some good/some bad about the new Campagnolo pedals - either Chorus or Daytona?

I was a long tome LOOK user and went to Record when they first were introduced and they seemed
like....LOOK pedals, even put the cleast in the same place. First gen was kinda tough to get out of
unless you bent the spring up a wee bit, ProFit Plus doesn't have this problem. VERY smooth, very
rebuildable-great pedal. Chorus has adjustable cup and ball bearings, Centaur has two cart bearings,
body otherwise is the same-

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

>From: [email protected] (Meccanico di Bici)

>Since your coming off a Look clone, Campag will feel very natural to you. Put your cleats in the
>same position and off you go.

IME the Campy needs a little more precise rotational movement to release than Looks. Good to
practice a little before you go out and play in traffic. --Tom Paterson

Status
Not open for further replies.