Campagnolo Record chain ring 48, 50 or 52

suer

Guest
Having never bought any Campag stuff since living in London 15 years
ago, I thought both Cambridge city centre lightweight shops Ben Haywards
and Howes would stock Campag Record chain rings ... wrong.

So, where's the best place to buy a Campag Record chainring, either
local to Cambridge, or via mail order.

Parker International?

Any other recommendations?

Decent secondhand also acceptable, have looked on ebay but nothing there
today.

(My outer ring has gone all pointy-toothed so the chain won't sit on it
anymore, and so I'm reduced to riding on the inner ring which is a lot
of pedalling for getting nowhere fast!)

Cheers,

So, where's the best place to buy a Campag Record chainring, either
> local to Cambridge, or via mail order.

www.italiancycleproducts.co.uk. They are the official UK Service Centre for
Campagnolo and can get hold of any parts. I've always found them very
helpful and provide a very fast service.

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:44:29 +0100, suer <[email protected]> wrote:

> Having never bought any Campag stuff since living in London 15 years
> ago, I thought both Cambridge city centre lightweight shops Ben Haywards
> and Howes would stock Campag Record chain rings ... wrong.
>
> So, where's the best place to buy a Campag Record chainring, either
> local to Cambridge, or via mail order.
>
> Parker International?
>
> Any other recommendations?
>
> Decent secondhand also acceptable, have looked on ebay but nothing there
> today.
>
> (My outer ring has gone all pointy-toothed so the chain won't sit on it
> anymore, and so I'm reduced to riding on the inner ring which is a lot
> of pedalling for getting nowhere fast!)
>
> Cheers,

Chain reaction on the web or Mikes Bikes on Mill road.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26111

On 23 Apr, 11:44, suer <[email protected]> wrote:
> So, where's the best place to buy a Campag Record chainring, either
> local to Cambridge, or via mail order.

If not Mike's, then upstairs at City Cycle Centre, Ely.
Howes and Haywards are just too small!

In article <GYydnS93fJkEhZLVnZ2dnUVZ8sSrnZ2d@plusnet>,
"Præthön" <praethonatgmaildotcom> wrote:

> So, where's the best place to buy a Campag Record chainring, either
> > local to Cambridge, or via mail order.

> www.italiancycleproducts.co.uk. They are the official UK Service Centre for
> Campagnolo and can get hold of any parts. I've always found them very
> helpful and provide a very fast service.

Hi,
Thanks for the tips. Campag Record outer rings for triple chainsets
aren't so easy to come by it seems, having had a phone around ... so I
tried Parker International and they told me that TA do a Campag-pattern
ring although nope they didn't have it in stock either ... then I phoned
FW Evans in London and yes they had the TA rings in stock so there's a
nice 48-toothed one on its way to me now.

suer wrote:
> Having never bought any Campag stuff since living in London 15 years
> ago, I thought both Cambridge city centre lightweight shops Ben
> Haywards and Howes would stock Campag Record chain rings ... wrong.
>
> So, where's the best place to buy a Campag Record chainring, either
> local to Cambridge, or via mail order.

Chorus rings are just as good as Record.

TA rings are also excellent, and shinier, and come in more sizes. You need
135mm or "135 PCD".

See www.dotbike.com/ProductsP1678.aspx?A=3&TRACK=DDI (free post)

~PB

suer wrote:
> In article <GYydnS93fJkEhZLVnZ2dnUVZ8sSrnZ2d@plusnet>,
> "Præthön" <praethonatgmaildotcom> wrote:
>
>> So, where's the best place to buy a Campag Record chainring, either
>>> local to Cambridge, or via mail order.

>> www.italiancycleproducts.co.uk. They are the official UK Service Centre for
>> Campagnolo and can get hold of any parts. I've always found them very
>> helpful and provide a very fast service.

> Hi,
> Thanks for the tips. Campag Record outer rings for triple chainsets
> aren't so easy to come by it seems, having had a phone around ... so I
> tried Parker International and they told me that TA do a Campag-pattern
> ring although nope they didn't have it in stock either ... then I phoned
> FW Evans in London and yes they had the TA rings in stock so there's a
> nice 48-toothed one on its way to me now.

I have a couple of 53t Record rings, unused for sale.. It's the middle
ring of a triple which needs to match to the inner and outer with the
guide pips. The outer only really needs to match the middle