Campagnolo seatposts

nurul

Jan 4, 2004
I have used te 2005 crabon record and the latest centaur (both 270mm) and no matter what saddle I use them with they both creak. IS this endemic of campy seatposts. Yes, I have oiled them where it matters etc etc and checked the torque.

I'm running two bikes with Chorus carbon posts. No creaking, but one did come unbonded between the carbon tube and aluminum seat clamp base (it was replaced under warranty).

CAMPYBOB said:
I'm running two bikes with Chorus carbon posts. No creaking, but one did come unbonded between the carbon tube and aluminum seat clamp base (it was replaced under warranty).

Ok. Thanks for the response. Campy seatposts are generally overlooked and I have gone for the centaur one cos it's a bargain and it matches the silver six13 pro frame pretty well. Noone else rides one and it is great to be a bit different. Ok so by weightweenies standard it is a huge 225g but I want to see weight around the contact areas even though in theroy we are not engineers who are experts in bonding and metal processes and of course weight is not necessaril connected to strengh in the bike world (will I get flamed for this ignorant, uneducation comment???)