Campagnolo wheels/cassette with Shimano drivetrain?

Hi,

I found a good deal on some used Campagnolo Proton wheels with 10 speed
Centaur sprokets, but my bike has 10 speed Ultegra. Will these work
together?

What if anything can I do to be able to use these 10 speed Campy wheels
and cassette with my 10 speed Ultegra drivetrain?

Thanks!

Joseph

On 27 Jun 2005 14:27:22 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>What if anything can I do to be able to use these 10 speed Campy wheels
>and cassette with my 10 speed Ultegra drivetrain?

You've got an excellent chance of shifting the Campy cassette in the
Shimano system. I'd recommend a chain, other than the Shimano 10
chain. The best choice of chain might be a Shimano HG 9 sp chain.

Or a chain made for Campy 10sp, Campy, Wipperman, KMC, etc. as the Campy
cogs are wider than Shimano 10. In fact the Campy cogs are the same
thickness as 9 sp. For Campy it's just the spacing that's different from 9
speed.

"Paul Kopit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 27 Jun 2005 14:27:22 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>
> >What if anything can I do to be able to use these 10 speed Campy wheels
> >and cassette with my 10 speed Ultegra drivetrain?

> You've got an excellent chance of shifting the Campy cassette in the
> Shimano system. I'd recommend a chain, other than the Shimano 10
> chain. The best choice of chain might be a Shimano HG 9 sp chain.

I was in a similar situation some time ago and asked around on this ng about
how to make it work. Apparently there are several solutions, each with
tradeoffs. Do a google search and you'll come up with many postings about
this. Good luck.

Incidentally, I ended up going with a Campy drivetrain, so my solution
wouldn't work for you.

--
Kovie
[email protected]zen

[email protected] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a good deal on some used Campagnolo Proton wheels with 10 speed
> Centaur sprokets, but my bike has 10 speed Ultegra. Will these work
> together?
>
> What if anything can I do to be able to use these 10 speed Campy wheels
> and cassette with my 10 speed Ultegra drivetrain?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Joseph

Put it on, adjust rear derailleur and go ride..nothing to change.