Campi Record cassette with a full 7800 group – what parts have to be replaced?

VS1

Jun 6, 2005
Hi,

I am riding a road bike with dura ace 7800 and ksyrium SL wheels.

My current cassette is a 12-27 one and I was wondering what parts have to be replaced if I would like to place a Campagnolo record 13-29 cassette instead ?

I am told that there is an adaptor that eases on switching between campi and dura ace cassettes - is that correct ?

Thanks and safe ride !!

VS1 said:
Hi,

My current cassette is a 12-27 one and I was wondering what parts have to be replaced if I would like to place a Campagnolo record 13-29 cassette instead ?

I am told that there is an adaptor that eases on switching between campi and dura ace cassettes - is that correct ?

Thanks and safe ride !!

You cannot put a Campy cassette directly onto the shimano compatible freehub. You can get a campy compatible freehub for your ksyrium wheelset. There are a variety of solutions to use a Campy spaced cassette in the Shimano drivetrain. The easiest is probably a JTek shiftmate.

VS1 said:
Hi,

Thanks and safe ride !!

VS1, do a search on the forum I've found several postings talking about this.

post_old.gif
04-03.-2006, 12:18 AM #2 John M vbmenu_register("postmenu_2617051", true);

icon1.gif
Re: Campy Cassette with Shimano Derailleurs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterF
I currently have a Shimano Ultegra 9 bike that is in desperate need of wheels. I have two sets of Campy Wheels (Eurus' and Protons) and would like to use my Proton's with my Ultegra bike. Is the spacing on a campy 9 speed cassette incompatible with 9 Speed Shimano? I do understand that Wheels Mfg sells a spacer kit that will allow the use of a loose cog campy 9 cassette to work with a Shimano derailleurs, but is this absolutely necessary? Another route would be to purchase a hyper glide freehub body for the Proton's but they seem to be hard to find, and I'm not sure I want to swap the freehub body whenever I switch the wheels around. The Ultegra bike is my winter trainer, so it doesn't have to be perfect, but it does need to work. Any thoughts you may have would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Pete

Seems that you have already done your research. Another possibility is to put a Jtek shiftmate on the ultegra bike and use with Campy 9 cassette. Of course, this would make it difficult to go back to a Shimano 9s wheel without removing it or using a campy spaced cassette on the shimano freehub. I like the idea of spacing a loose cog Campy cassette to shimano spacing with the Wheels manufacturing spacers. About $35 plus the cost of a 9s cassette (if you don't already have one).
user_online.gif
[size=-2][ Report SPAM ] [/size]