Camping in Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John

Mornin' all,

I've cycled and camped quite a few times in France, but fancy a holiday in Belgium this year.

Are there camsites for every town, as in France, or does Belgium have the same mean provision as
England? And, are the campsites (if there are any) the same high standard as French ones?

Cheers, John

Hi John,
Myself and 5 friends cycled and camped our way from Ostend to Leuven (the home of Stella!) last year and it was a great holiday, not only for the beer but the highly underated food. The town centres are on the whole stunning though the locals are a bit offish with the english. The countryside (Flanders) is excellent cycling and pretty enough but not stunning.
We stayed in 6 different sites during our fortnight so I'll run through them giving details.
Bruges, Camping Memling; A pretty site on the edge of the city, good facilities if a bit old. Has a very good bar serving local beers, small but constantly buzzing. Enjoyed it alot.
Aalter, cant remember the name of the site! New facilities, a very rural site but only 10 mins from a nice village. Plenty of space and very relaxed atmosphere. Owner very helpful and friendly.

sorry, got to go, will continue tomorrow

Guy F

Originally posted by John
Mornin' all,

I've cycled and camped quite a few times in France, but fancy a holiday in Belgium this year.

Are there camsites for every town, as in France, or does Belgium have the same mean provision as
England? And, are the campsites (if there are any) the same high standard as French ones?

Cheers, John

Originally posted by John
Mornin' all,

Cheers, John

Status
Not open for further replies.