campy 10 chain replacement

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by David Lack, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. David Lack

    David Lack Guest

    I'm getting ready to make my 1st campy 10 chain replacement. Are y'all sticking with the campy chain
    or using something else? Thanks, Dave

    Tags:

  2. I stayed with the Campy chain but am using the Wipperman Connex link or the Superlink III made for
    10sp chains. I don't use a Perma Link or the new replacement pin method. I've had no problem with
    either the Wipperman Connex or Superlink III. "David Lack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm getting ready to make my 1st campy 10 chain replacement. Are y'all sticking with the campy
    > chain or using something else? Thanks, Dave

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "David Lack" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm getting ready to make my 1st campy 10 chain replacement. Are y'all sticking with the campy
    > chain or using something else? Thanks, Dave

    Wippermann and KMC-10

  4. lack-<< I'm getting ready to make my 1st campy 10 chain replacement. Are y'all sticking with the
    campy chain or using something else? >><BR><BR>

    Think the best is still the Campagnolo 10s chain and the new pin works very well. I would also rec.
    a IRD(no 11t) or Connex(make sure it is proper direction for an 11t) snap link to clean it.

    Interesting that the guy that works for me talked to somebody he knows at SRAM and when they have a
    10s chain, it won't have a snaplink, they say they can't make a reliable one(?)..

  5. Andy-<< Wippermann and KMC-10 >><BR><BR>

    No doubt good chains, but I think the Campagnolo one, when installed correctly works fine.

  6. Kenny Lee

    Kenny Lee Guest

    David Lack wrote:
    > I'm getting ready to make my 1st campy 10 chain replacement. Are y'all sticking with the campy
    > chain or using something else? Thanks, Dave

    I quit using campy 10sp chains when I broke one twice in the same week. The side plate just blew out
    each time when climbing out of the saddle. Now I use the KMC series 9200, 9spd chain. I connect the
    chain using the SRAM 9spd powerlink. THIS SETUP WORKS FLAWLESSLY with my Record 10sp drive train. If
    you pay more than ten bucks for a chain that lasts and works without a hitch on your 10sp drive
    train then I feel sorry for you.

    Kenny Lee

  7. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    > Interesting that the guy that works for me talked to somebody he knows at
    SRAM
    > and when they have a 10s chain, it won't have a snaplink, they say they
    can't
    > make a reliable one(?)..

    That's funny, i use their 9 speed PowerLink Gold on all my Campy 10 speed chains without problems.

    > lack-<< I'm getting ready to make my 1st campy 10 chain replacement. Are
    y'all
    > sticking with the campy chain or using something else? >><BR><BR>
    >
    > Think the best is still the Campagnolo 10s chain and the new pin works
    very
    > well. I would also rec. a IRD(no 11t) or Connex(make sure it is proper direction for an 11t) snap
    > link to clean it.
    >
    > Interesting that the guy that works for me talked to somebody he knows at
    SRAM
    > and when they have a 10s chain, it won't have a snaplink, they say they
    can't
    > make a reliable one(?)..

  8. Pat

    Pat Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    > Andy-<< Wippermann and KMC-10 >><BR><BR>
    >
    > No doubt good chains, but I think the Campagnolo one, when installed
    correctly
    > works fine.
    >
    > Peter Chisholm

    On one of our club rides, a guy's Campy 10 speed chain broke and nobody could help him out. Someone
    had to go get a pickup truck to carry him in. What would you have recommended---or perhaps what
    should he carry in the future?

    Pat in TX