campy 10 spd. reliability

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Joe, Feb 13, 2003.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Are there any relibility problems w/campy's 10spd drivetrain? With the chains being narrow does this
    decrease the life of the chain. Thanks

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Are there any relibility problems w/campy's 10spd drivetrain? With the chains being narrow does
    > this decrease the life of the chain.

    No more than all modern (post-Sedisport) chain.

    Campagnolo equipment is overall quite reliable.

  3. maxhr-<< Are there any relibility problems w/campy's 10spd drivetrain? With the chains being narrow
    does this decrease the life of the chain.

    No and no from my experience. 10s is identical to 9s with different shifter bits, a 10s cogset and
    chain. Recommend using an IRD 10s snap link but the new push thru pin works well also.

  4. Allan Leedy

    Allan Leedy Guest

    My 10 sp Chorus groupset (3 yrs old) is very robust, 10sp Record triple I bought last year looks to
    be so as well. Chain life is more a question of riding conditions than design. Even if you replace
    at 2,000 or 3,000 miles, a replacement chain at $40 or $30 is not your biggest consumables expense.