campy 10 spd. reliability

Joe

Guest
Are there any relibility problems w/campy's 10spd drivetrain? With the chains being narrow does this
decrease the life of the chain. Thanks

maxhr-<< Are there any relibility problems w/campy's 10spd drivetrain? With the chains being narrow
does this decrease the life of the chain.

No and no from my experience. 10s is identical to 9s with different shifter bits, a 10s cogset and
chain. Recommend using an IRD 10s snap link but the new push thru pin works well also.

My 10 sp Chorus groupset (3 yrs old) is very robust, 10sp Record triple I bought last year looks to
be so as well. Chain life is more a question of riding conditions than design. Even if you replace
at 2,000 or 3,000 miles, a replacement chain at $40 or $30 is not your biggest consumables expense.