Campy 10s chain removal/reinstallation

Wayne Pein

Guest
Can I remove and reinstall a Campy 10s chain by
partially pushing out the hollow pin with a chain tool
and then pushing it back in when I put it back on? I've
done that for years on other chains for cleaning
purposes and was wondering if there is some reason I
shouldn't do it on Campy 10.

Thanks, Wayne

I would never do that. Get yourself a Wipperman 10sp link to use on your
Campy chain. That is what I use.
"Wayne Pein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can I remove and reinstall a Campy 10s chain by partially
> pushing out the hollow pin with a chain tool and then
> pushing it back in when I put it back on? I've done that
> for years on other chains for cleaning purposes and was
> wondering if there is some reason I shouldn't do it on
> Campy 10.
>
> Thanks, Wayne

> Can I remove and reinstall a Campy 10s chain by partially
> pushing out the hollow pin with a chain tool and then
> pushing it back in when I put it back on?

I've ridden like that for two years without problems. I
switched to SRAM 9 speed Gold PowerLinks then, much easier
to connect the chain and i get them for free at my LBS when
i buy some other stuff.

"Wayne Pein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can I remove and reinstall a Campy 10s chain by partially
> pushing out the hollow pin with a chain tool and then
> pushing it back in when I put it back on? I've done that
> for years on other chains for cleaning purposes and was
> wondering if there is some reason I shouldn't do it on
> Campy 10.
>
> Thanks, Wayne

I also use a wipperman nickel 10 chain. Easy on off, no
tools, runs smooth.

"Ronald" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> > Can I remove and reinstall a Campy 10s chain by
> > partially pushing out the hollow pin with a chain tool
> > and then pushing it back in when I put it back on?
>
> I've ridden like that for two years without problems. I
> switched to SRAM 9 speed Gold PowerLinks then, much easier
> to connect the chain and i get
them
> for free at my LBS when i buy some other stuff.
>

> "Wayne Pein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Can I remove and reinstall a Campy 10s chain by
> > partially pushing out the hollow pin with a chain tool
> > and then pushing it back in when I put it back on? I've
> > done that for years on other chains for cleaning
> > purposes and was wondering if there is some reason I
> > shouldn't do it on Campy 10.
> >
> > Thanks, Wayne

wpein-<< Can I remove and reinstall a Campy 10s chain by
partially pushing out the hollow pin with a chain tool and
then pushing it back in when I put it back on? >><BR><BR>

No they are not designed to do this and you may break the
chain there when riding. Use the supplied push thru pin or
use a snap link like the Connex one.

Boulder, CO, 80302
costruite eccezionalmente bene"