Campy 10spd Shifters

Wet Pave

Jul 14, 2004
I love my Campy 10spd gruppo! The only question I have is with the force it takes to downshift (using the small side-mounting lever). I would prefer a lighter, smoother action. Is there anything that can be done to lessen the tension on the shifters? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Wet Pave said:
I love my Campy 10spd gruppo! The only question I have is with the force it takes to downshift (using the small side-mounting lever). I would prefer a lighter, smoother action. Is there anything that can be done to lessen the tension on the shifters? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
No, but it will get easier as the the stuff wears a bit and as it wears more you cn look forward to rebulding it.

Wet Pave said:
How tight is it man? When my hands are on the climbing position, or tops, i can reach down with my pinky and push that puppy down.

Wet Pave said:

I find that the thumb levers are an awful lot more manageable if you stick your hand on the lever hood and push down with the thumb, rather than trying to use them from the drops. Sounds cumbersome but after a tiny bit of practice it's very fast and easy.

mjw_byrne said:
I find that the thumb levers are an awful lot more manageable if you stick your hand on the lever hood and push down with the thumb, rather than trying to use them from the drops. Sounds cumbersome but after a tiny bit of practice it's very fast and easy.
Huh? It's cake.

Maybe you're one of those dudes who actually would benefit from a little weight training!

Aztec said:
Huh? It's cake.

Maybe you're one of those dudes who actually would benefit from a little weight training!
I'm sure your attitude is bigger than your girlie-man palmeres. Nobody wants a remark from a smarta$$! (Unless you were being facetious, then it was kinda funny).

The thumb levers on my Campy 10 seemed a little stiff when I first put the bike together, but they loosened up after a month or so of riding. I've had them two years now, and they have performed to perfection. Only time I've had to adjust cables is when changing wheelsets. Maybe it's just me, but I love these shifters - very positive action, good feedback.

I find the thumb levers a bit awkward to use in the drops, but I don't tend to shift a lot in the drops. Must be my girlie-man palmeres...

Wet Pave said:
I'm sure your attitude is bigger than your girlie-man palmeres. Nobody wants a remark from a smarta$$! (Unless you were being facetious, then it was kinda funny).

Then it was kinda funny. Actually, it was really funny, given all the dopes on the 'Gyming' threads...