Campy 8 speed Ergo w/7-Spd Shimano Derail.??

Lou Huerta

Guest
Campy 8 speed Ergo w/7-Spd Shimano Derail.??

Does anyone have experience in combining a Campy 8-speed ergo shifter with Shimano 8 speed cogs
(13-26), SRAM 8-speed chain AND a Shimano 600, 7 speed derailleur.

I need to replace the Campy 8 speed derailleur which I currently use on the same set-up (and yes it
works flawlessly) and in the interim I was thinking of temporarily using the Shimano 600/Ultegra 7
speed derailleur. My instinct tells me it will work, however I was wondering if anyone out there has
tried this. I will appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Lou H NY, NY

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 03:02:35 GMT, Lou Huerta <[email protected]> wrote:

>I need to replace the Campy 8 speed derailleur which I currently use on the same set-up (and yes it
>works flawlessly) and in the interim I was thinking of temporarily using the Shimano 600/Ultegra 7
>speed derailleur. My instinct tells me it will work, however I was wondering if anyone out there
>has tried this. I will appreciate any feedback.

not sure if it will work. I have saks ergo shifters set for shimano shifting. my cogset has shimano
spacers. when I tried a campy derailleur it did not shift right. I had to stick with shimano. I
think you will have the same problem. You don't have to spend a lot on a good used campy RD. I got a
chorus for 40.00

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes Custom made wooden planes at reasonable prices See
http://www.knight-toolworks.com For prices and ordering instructions.

iah-<< Does anyone have experience in combining a Campy 8-speed ergo shifter with Shimano 8 speed
cogs (13-26), SRAM 8-speed chain AND a Shimano 600, 7 speed derailleur >><BR><BR>

Will not work...need a Campagnolo rear der, anuy one of them thru 2003/4...