Campy 8 to 9 speed shifter upgrade

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bill Graham, Jun 20, 2003.

  1. Bill Graham

    Bill Graham Guest

    I have older Record 8 speed ergo shifters, pointed hoods. I've heard they can be upgraded to 9
    speed. Is this correct? If so, is there an online resource for making this modification?

    Thanks,

    Bill Graham

    Tags:

  2. On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:28:08 +0000, Bill Graham wrote:

    > I have older Record 8 speed ergo shifters, pointed hoods. I've heard they can be upgraded to 9
    > speed. Is this correct? If so, is there an online resource for making this modification?

    Yes, and yes. Peter Chisolm. Right here in r.b.t. Check out "Qui se parla Campagnolo" Ah, here is
    his contact information:

    "Peter Chisholm "Vecchio's Bicicletteria "1833 Pearl St. "Boulder, CO, 80302 "(303)440-3535
    "http://www.vecchios.com ""Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

    Hmm, that doesn't have his e-mail: [email protected]

    I got my "shift disk", which is what you need, from him. Also replace the g-springs while you are at
    it. The disk is IIRC $35 and the g-springs are a few dollars.

    --

    David L. Johnson

    __o | I don't believe you, you've got the whole damn thing all wrong. _`\(,_ | He's not the kind
    you have to wind-up on Sundays. --Ian (_)/ (_) | Anderson

  3. Andy M-S

    Andy M-S Guest

    Bill Graham <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BB189282.175EA%[email protected]>...
    > I have older Record 8 speed ergo shifters, pointed hoods. I've heard they can be upgraded to 9
    > speed. Is this correct? If so, is there an online resource for making this modification?

    Yes, they can be upgraded; check with www.branfordbike.com for parts and instructions.

  4. Bfd

    Bfd Guest

    [email protected] (Andy M-S) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Bill Graham <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BB189282.175EA%[email protected]>...
    > > I have older Record 8 speed ergo shifters, pointed hoods. I've heard they can be upgraded to 9
    > > speed. Is this correct? If so, is there an online resource for making this modification?
    >
    > Yes, they can be upgraded; check with www.branfordbike.com for parts and instructions.

    Actually, branford sells the instructions (and parts) needed. Here's a link to the Campy tech manual
    for upgrading from 8 to 9: http://www.campyonly.com/howto/ergotech.html
    http://www.campyonly.com/howto/ergo_rebuild.html

  5. Bill asks-<< I have older Record 8 speed ergo shifters, pointed hoods. I've heard they can be
    upgraded to 9 speed. Is this correct? If so, is there an online resource for making this
    modification? >><BR><BR>

    That is correct. We are not 'online' but have the shift disc-$35+ shipping or send yer lever to me
    and I'll convert it for you.