Campy 8s rear der w/ 9sp ergo?

Status

Keeper Of The M

Guest
I've been using a converted 9sp ergo shifter with a 9sp Centaur rear derailleur and a Shimano 9sp
cassette with little fuss, but, because of a crash and because I think some of the older derailleurs
just look better, I'm considering getting a Record or Chorus 8sp derailleur.

Will the 9sp shifter shift an 8sp derailleur properly (with the Shimano cassette, though I think
we've established acceptable functionality there)?

Also, since I'm asking, are the left ergos rebuildable as triples the same way one swaps the
ratchet in the right shifter? How about functionality of triple front derailleurs shifted by
double shifters?

Thanks,

Seng

seng-<< I've been using a converted 9sp ergo shifter with a 9sp Centaur rear derailleur and a
Shimano 9sp cassette with little fuss, but, because of a crash and because I think some of the older
derailleurs just look better, I'm considering getting a Record or Chorus 8sp derailleur. >><BR><BR>
<< Will the 9sp shifter shift an 8sp derailleur properly (with the Shimano cassette, though I think
we've established acceptable functionality there)?
>><BR><BR>

yes, w/o modification, including no need for pulley swap.

seng-<< Also, since I'm asking, are the left ergos rebuildable as triples the same way one swaps the
ratchet in the right shifter? >><BR><BR>

All Campagnolo ERGO, from the first day of ERGO to today were/are double AND triple..no need to
change anything.

Keeper of the Mighty Macaulay wrote:
> Will the 9sp shifter shift an 8sp derailleur properly

Didn't when I tried it.

> Also, since I'm asking, are the left ergos rebuildable as triples the same way one swaps the
> ratchet in the right shifter? How about functionality of triple front derailleurs shifted by
> double shifters?

Left ergo will work with any front derailleur - double or triple.

~PB

I wrote:
> Keeper of the Mighty Macaulay wrote:
>> Will the 9sp shifter shift an 8sp derailleur properly
>
> Didn't when I tried it.

(with a Campag cassette)

~PB

Status