Campy 8sp hubs still available?

A.Lee

Guest
As subject, are Campag still producing 8 speed rear hubs, or have I got
to search everywhere for old stock?
Thanks
Alan.

A.Lee wrote:
> As subject, are Campag still producing 8 speed rear hubs, or have I got
> to search everywhere for old stock?
> Thanks
> Alan.
>
> --
> To reply by e-mail, change the ' + ' to 'plus'.

Not made anylonger but a suggestion...use a modern 9/10s hub, get loose
9s cogset, like Veloce, use the black spacers now in your 8s
cogset.....make a 8s cogset and go ride.

"A.Lee" <alan@darkroom.+.com> wrote in message
> As subject, are Campag still producing 8 speed rear hubs, or have I got
> to search everywhere for old stock?
> Thanks
> Alan.

They're available NOS on ebay with regularity.

This appears to be an 8sp, by the dark steel FH body:
http://tinyurl.com/rorkk

I've seen lots of them come and go, so if you don't see one today, wait a
couple of days and check again.

Good luck!

"A.Lee" <alan@darkroom.+.com> wrote in message
> As subject, are Campag still producing 8 speed rear hubs, or have I got
> to search everywhere for old stock?
> Thanks
> Alan.

Use a Shimano 8/9 speed rear hub and a Shimano 8-speed cassette. For the
best shifting, replace most of the spacers with those from a junked 7-speed
Shimano cassette.

This way, you do not have to get locked into Campy's hideously priced and
hard to find cassettes. And, individual Shimano loose cogs are easier to
find.

Dave Mayer wrote:
> "A.Lee" <alan@darkroom.+.com> wrote in message
> > As subject, are Campag still producing 8 speed rear hubs, or have I got
> > to search everywhere for old stock?
> > Thanks
> > Alan.
> >

> Use a Shimano 8/9 speed rear hub and a Shimano 8-speed cassette. For the
> best shifting, replace most of the spacers with those from a junked 7-speed
> Shimano cassette.
>
> This way, you do not have to get locked into Campy's hideously priced and
> hard to find cassettes. And, individual Shimano loose cogs are easier to
> find.

Not hard to find and a Campag Record 8s cogset is about the same price
as hard to find Ultegra 8s cogsets....call some bike shops to see if
they have 6400 cogsets.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dave Mayer wrote:
> > "A.Lee" <alan@darkroom.+.com> wrote in message
> > > As subject, are Campag still producing 8 speed rear hubs, or have I got
> > > to search everywhere for old stock?
> > > Thanks
> > > Alan.
> > >

> > Use a Shimano 8/9 speed rear hub and a Shimano 8-speed cassette. For the
> > best shifting, replace most of the spacers with those from a junked 7-speed
> > Shimano cassette.
> >
> > This way, you do not have to get locked into Campy's hideously priced and
> > hard to find cassettes. And, individual Shimano loose cogs are easier to
> > find.

> Not hard to find and a Campag Record 8s cogset is about the same price
> as hard to find Ultegra 8s cogsets....call some bike shops to see if
> they have 6400 cogsets.

How much are Mirage 8s cassettes?