Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Campy 8v Ergo Rebuild

Started by Appkiller · · Last activity · 4 posts · 672 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
7 January 2004
Last activity
10 January 2004
Original author
Appkiller
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
672
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Greetings!

    As my Xmas gift to my oldest brother I have committed to servicing his bike which has suffered
    significant neglect. One of the issues is that I will need to rebuild his ergo shifters.

    What parts/part numbers am I going to need for a "total" rebuild?

    TIA

    App

  2. pete-<< What parts/part numbers am I going to need for a "total" rebuild?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    <BR><BR>

    All you need is the shift springs, part number EC-RE-209(r) and EC-RE-210(l) I have never seen a
    shift disc wear out, really hard steel. You may need a thum button return spring as well-EC-RE-
    015(r), EC-RE-016(l).

    I have all these, BTW-

    Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  3. <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    All you need is the shift springs, part number EC-RE-209(r) and EC-RE-210(l) I have never seen a
    shift disc wear out, really hard steel. You may need a thum button return spring as well-EC-RE-
    015(r), EC-RE-016(l).


    <snip>

    Is the rebuild process essentially the same as the 9/10v rebuild (Andy
    M. has a rebuild manual on his yellow jersey web site)?

    Thanks!

    App

  4. Appkiller said:

    As my Xmas gift to my oldest brother I have committed to servicing his bike which has suffered
    significant neglect. One of the issues is that I will need to rebuild his ergo shifters.

    What parts/part numbers am I going to need for a "total" rebuild?

    What is the symptom? Usually it's just normal wear; a sloppy feel and inability to stay in low gear.

    For that, a pair of indexing ("G"😉 springs. Replace them anyway if you open it. Occasionally the
    post on the spring carrier is cracked.

    Right Springs=EC-RE-209 (2 req'd) Left Springs=EC-RE-210 (2 req'd) RH Spring carrier =EC-RE-111 LH
    Spring carrier =EC-RE-112

    Buy a cable set and tape for a more pleasant experience.

    yellowjersey.orgergo1.html

    --
    Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.