Campy 9s brifters + campy 9s casette, work with SR rear der?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by ~Von, Apr 14, 2003.

  1. ~Von

    ~Von Guest

    I currently have a campy 9s hub being friction shifted via an SR rear derailleur. I now have a set
    of campy 9s brifters, will these be able to properly shift this setup or will I need a current
    generation campy 9s rear der?

    many thanks

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, ~Von <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I currently have a campy 9s hub being friction shifted via an SR rear derailleur. I now have a set
    >of campy 9s brifters, will these be able to properly shift this setup or will I need a current
    >generation campy 9s rear der?

    Need a newer Campy derailleur, one designed for indexing.

    --Paul

  3. "~Von" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > brifters

    Where did you learn this word?

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  4. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    > > brifters
    > Where did you learn this word?

    It's a mix of BRakes and shIFTERS to describe Ergo/STI levers, it's being used more and more:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=brifters&btnG=Google+ Search

    > "~Von" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > brifters
    >
    > Where did you learn this word?
    >
    > JT

    > NB: reply-to address is munged
    >
    > Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  5. reidrek-<< I currently have a campy 9s hub being friction shifted via an SR rear derailleur. I now
    have a set of campy 9s brifters, will these be able to properly shift this setup or will I need a
    current generation campy 9s rear der?

    Need any Campagnolo rder made from about 1992 until today's.

  6. ~Von

    ~Von Guest

    > "~Von" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > brifters
    >
    > Where did you learn this word?

    pretty sure the first time I saw it used was this group

  7. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:48:44 GMT, "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Where did you learn this word?

    I learned it on a message board that Compuserve "CIS" had for bicycles. Brifters was used frequently
    and I believe that the timeframe was early nintys.

  8. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "~Von" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I currently have a campy 9s hub being friction shifted via an SR rear derailleur. I now have a set
    > of campy 9s brifters, will these be able to properly shift this setup or will I need a current
    > generation campy 9s
    rear
    > der?

    Any post-1992 Campagnolo changer