Campy 9sp cassette options

Jim Martin

Guest
Hello All:

The big cogs on my cassette (campy 9sp 13-26) have about had it and I am
looking to replace. The best deal I see on line is the veloce for around
$47. That is about the price of just replacing three cogs. Any other
suggestions?

It seemed to me that SRAM made a cassette for the campy hub. Lots of
searching on line has not turned up such a component. Did I imagine that?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Martin wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> The big cogs on my cassette (campy 9sp 13-26) have about had it and I am
> looking to replace. The best deal I see on line is the veloce for around
> $47. That is about the price of just replacing three cogs. Any other
> suggestions?
>
> It seemed to me that SRAM made a cassette for the campy hub. Lots of
> searching on line has not turned up such a component. Did I imagine that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Sram doesn't, but Miche does. No drilling on the outer edge, and
smaller
cutouts then the Veloce, so it's maybe 25% heavier, inconsequential in
the overall weight ofthe bike, let alone you + bike. It shifts just as
well.

Universalcycles.com has it for $39. For $8 more, the Campy might be
nice
to have, but pay attention to shipping.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=9740&category=41

Jim Martin wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> The big cogs on my cassette (campy 9sp 13-26) have about had it and I
> am looking to replace. The best deal I see on line is the veloce for
> around $47. That is about the price of just replacing three cogs. Any
> other suggestions?
>
> It seemed to me that SRAM made a cassette for the campy hub. Lots of
> searching on line has not turned up such a component. Did I imagine
> that?

Don't think there is an SRAM option, though there are some Campag
compatibles around, such as BBB.
AFAIK, Any Campag 9-speed will fit the hub, so there may be cheaper options,
such as Mirage.

In the UK, a Veloce 9-speed 13-26 (without lock-ring) is £15 from at least
one on-line source, which is under $29. No idea what the shipping would be
to you.

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 15:16:08 -0600, Jim Martin <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello All:
>
>The big cogs on my cassette (campy 9sp 13-26) have about had it and I am
>looking to replace. The best deal I see on line is the veloce for around
>$47. That is about the price of just replacing three cogs. Any other
>suggestions?

http://probikekit.com/display.php?code=l2009 only has the Veloce 13 - 23 in
stock, but low prices and free shipping to the USA.

They've got the Mirage/Xenon 13-26 for $24.08.

Ron

Jim Martin wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> The big cogs on my cassette (campy 9sp 13-26) have about had it and I am
> looking to replace. The best deal I see on line is the veloce for around
> $47. That is about the price of just replacing three cogs. Any other
> suggestions?
>
> It seemed to me that SRAM made a cassette for the campy hub. Lots of
> searching on line has not turned up such a component. Did I imagine that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

http://www.11speed.com/catalogo/dettagli_prodotto.asp?prod_id=184

Order lots and shipping is spread out better.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I ended up buying the Veloce cassette
from Alfred E. Bike for 47.99. The Miche price was good but my
experience with Miche stuff (granted it was 20+ years ago) was not so
very positive.

Thanks,

Jim