Campy Bar-end shifters worn out? Help!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by John Crankshaw, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I built up a TT bike over the winter. I don't have lots of $$, so I bought a used Daytona 10v rear
    DeR and used 10v bar-end shifters. I aligned the DeR carefully using threaded rods as alignment
    tools as suggesting in this NG. New cables & housings.

Problem is that while shifting in the 25-23 and 12-13-14-15-16 cogs is sweet, shifting in the
    17-19-21 cogs is sloppy. One lever click gets a 2 cog jump, for instance. And you can be in 17, move
    the lever to shift into 19 without even 'clicking' the bar-end shifter.

I'm thinking that something in the bar-end shifter is worn out. Something I can replace?

John

Tags:

2. crank-<< Problem is that while shifting in the 25-23 and 12-13-14-15-16 cogs is sweet, shifting in
    the 17-19-21 cogs is sloppy. One lever click gets a 2 cog jump, for instance. And you can be in 17,
    move the lever to shift into 19 without even 'clicking' the bar-end shifter.

Two things to check.1)-with the shifter in the 'small cog' position, ensure the flats the shift guts
    go onto are aligned with the shifter 'arm', flats parallel to the shifter.
    2)-And then take the shift disc out and rotate it 180 degrees, There may be a small arrow on the
    shift disc, that too, should be aligned with the ahifter arm.

May replace the shift springs at the same time, there are three of the(Ergo springs), how the shift
    disc can be 180 degrees out.

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (3)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.