campy bb install

Joe

Guest
I'am installing a new Campy record bb into a clean steel shell, the instructions do not mention the
use of any grease or anti seize compound. I see there is a small layer of locktite applied, it just
seems weird not to have some form of lube to protect the threads. Thanks

"Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'am installing a new Campy record bb into a clean steel shell, the instructions do not mention
> the use of any grease or anti seize compound. I see there is a small layer of locktite applied, it
> just seems weird not to have some form of lube to protect the threads.

I lube them. And I cut out the rusty ones for people who do not lube threads.

maxhr-<< I'am installing a new Campy record bb into a clean steel shell, the instructions do not
mention the use of any grease or anti seize compound.

Tap off the right cup-grease in there, also into the left cup. Grease onto the PREPPED BB shell(at
least the right side), teflon tape onto the threads if an Italian threaded(the superior
one)frameset..

Andy-<< I lube them. And I cut out the rusty ones for people who do not lube threads.

Just did this for an old Merckx...only $50 to get it out...for the price of a dab of grasso....