Campy BB size??

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mikeyankee, May 31, 2003.

  1. Mikeyankee

    Mikeyankee Guest

    '96 vintage Veloce double crank, English threaded BB... got a 115 mm on there now (flea market
    find), but I think 111 mm would work better when it's time for a new BB. Correct?

    Mike Yankee

    (Address is munged to thwart spammers. To reply, delete everything after "com".)

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, MikeYankee
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >'96 vintage Veloce double crank, English threaded BB... got a 115 mm on there now (flea market
    >find), but I think 111 mm would work better when it's time for a new BB. Correct?

    Yeah I find the 115.5mm spindle is a "last resort" to use only if there's no way to use the 111, for
    best chain line.

    --Paul

  3. Mike-<< '96 vintage Veloce double crank, English threaded BB... got a 115 mm on there now (flea
    market find), but I think 111 mm would work better when it's time for a new BB. Correct?

    That is correct, 111mm, the 115.5mm was for triples AND oversized seattubes for sufficient inward
    travel of the front der...

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "MikeYankee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > '96 vintage Veloce double crank, English threaded BB... got a 115 mm on
    there
    > now (flea market find), but I think 111 mm would work better when it's
    time for
    > a new BB. Correct?

    Right. Well, maybe. 111 for standard chainline, 115 with a fat seat tube (alternate chainline)

  5. Andy M-S

    Andy M-S Guest

    [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Mike-<< '96 vintage Veloce double crank, English threaded BB... got a 115 mm on there now (flea
    > market find), but I think 111 mm would work better when it's time for a new BB. Correct?
    >
    > That is correct, 111mm, the 115.5mm was for triples AND oversized seattubes for sufficient inward
    > travel of the front der...

    ALMOST correct. 115 is for oversized seattubes, double OR triple. 111 is for "normal" seat tubes,
    double or triple. I have a 111 for a Centaur triple on my older Bianchi, and I wouldn't want to run
    anything wider.