Campy BB size??

Mikeyankee

Guest
'96 vintage Veloce double crank, English threaded BB... got a 115 mm on there now (flea market
find), but I think 111 mm would work better when it's time for a new BB. Correct?

Mike Yankee

(Address is munged to thwart spammers. To reply, delete everything after "com".)

In article <[email protected]>, MikeYankee
<[email protected]> wrote:
>'96 vintage Veloce double crank, English threaded BB... got a 115 mm on there now (flea market
>find), but I think 111 mm would work better when it's time for a new BB. Correct?

Yeah I find the 115.5mm spindle is a "last resort" to use only if there's no way to use the 111, for
best chain line.

--Paul

Mike-<< '96 vintage Veloce double crank, English threaded BB... got a 115 mm on there now (flea
market find), but I think 111 mm would work better when it's time for a new BB. Correct?

That is correct, 111mm, the 115.5mm was for triples AND oversized seattubes for sufficient inward
travel of the front der...

"MikeYankee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> '96 vintage Veloce double crank, English threaded BB... got a 115 mm on
there
> now (flea market find), but I think 111 mm would work better when it's
time for
> a new BB. Correct?

Right. Well, maybe. 111 for standard chainline, 115 with a fat seat tube (alternate chainline)

[email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Mike-<< '96 vintage Veloce double crank, English threaded BB... got a 115 mm on there now (flea
> market find), but I think 111 mm would work better when it's time for a new BB. Correct?
>
> That is correct, 111mm, the 115.5mm was for triples AND oversized seattubes for sufficient inward
> travel of the front der...

ALMOST correct. 115 is for oversized seattubes, double OR triple. 111 is for "normal" seat tubes,
double or triple. I have a 111 for a Centaur triple on my older Bianchi, and I wouldn't want to run
anything wider.