Campy BB?

hapich

Dec 26, 2004
I am restoring a 88' Merckx corsa extra. It has campy c record. The bottom bracket has to go. It says 36x24 F . Is it Italian thread? French? The bike was made in Belgium.
Also, if I buy a BB on ebay what should I get? Will a newer model chorus BB for a dbl. chainring work? I have not measured the spindle. It is a standard, from 1988, c record dbl. chainring crank. Thanks.

hapich said:
I am restoring a 88' Merckx corsa extra. It has campy c record. The bottom bracket has to go. It says 36x24 F . Is it Italian thread? French? The bike was made in Belgium.
Also, if I buy a BB on ebay what should I get? Will a newer model chorus BB for a dbl. chainring work? I have not measured the spindle. It is a standard, from 1988, c record dbl. chainring crank. Thanks.
It's italian.A new chorus won't work.Wrong spindle length.

boudreaux said:
It's italian.A new chorus won't work.Wrong spindle length.
Any ideas of what I could use besides the original c record? I think the spindle length is 110mm but I can't get one of the crank arms off due to the extractor nut being stripped. I will have to use a vice and a pin to get it off to get an acurate measurement.

Use a pulley remover a good mechanic or friend may have one. Used to remove belt pulley from machinery. I used to use one all the time as a kid. That was before I had the actual tool to remove a crank arm. Worked on cottered arms as well for those of you who remember riding them.