Campy BCD - ever 130 ?

Bob

Guest
Has Campy ever used 130BCD rings or have they always been 135 for the
road sets ?

Thanks,

In article <[email protected]>,
Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

> Has Campy ever used 130BCD rings or have they always been 135 for the
> road sets ?

No and no. Prior to the 135 mm BCD, Campy used 144 mm, and before that
they used 151 mm, ISTR they have had some other oddball sizes; and of
course they have no taken on the 110 mm BCD.

On Sun, 28 May 2006 20:36:55 GMT, Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

>Has Campy ever used 130BCD rings or have they always been 135 for the
>road sets ?

Ignore this... I think the other 144 BCD thread answered this but I
did not read it first :-0 (doh!)

Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote in news:timmcn-
[email protected]:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Has Campy ever used 130BCD rings or have they always been 135 for the
>> road sets ?

> No and no. Prior to the 135 mm BCD, Campy used 144 mm, and before that
> they used 151 mm, ISTR they have had some other oddball sizes; and of
> course they have no taken on the 110 mm BCD.

Centaur, Veloce, and Mirage compact cranks all use 110.

Hank Wirtz <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote in news:timmcn-
> [email protected]:
>
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Has Campy ever used 130BCD rings or have they always been 135 for the
>>> road sets ?

>> No and no. Prior to the 135 mm BCD, Campy used 144 mm, and before that
>> they used 151 mm, ISTR they have had some other oddball sizes; and of
>> course they have no taken on the 110 mm BCD.

> Centaur, Veloce, and Mirage compact cranks all use 110.

Oh, wait, was the omitted letter a W or a T? I read that as "not taken
on," but you meant "now taken on" didn't you?

Nevermind.

Bob wrote:
> Has Campy ever used 130BCD rings or have they always been 135 for the
> road sets ?
>
> Thanks,

No. 151, 3 arm wierdness, 144, 135, 116(Triompe/Victory), 110 and
110/112....but never 130.

>No. 151, 3 arm wierdness, 144, 135, 116(Triompe/Victory), 110 and
>110/112....but never 130.

Can I make a campagnolo record 110 bcd ring with my $5 china dremel
applied to a standard 110 bcd ring? I'm not sure campy's proprietary
strategy is going to work all that well, at least in my household
.... *grin*.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

Donald Gillies wrote:
> >No. 151, 3 arm wierdness, 144, 135, 116(Triompe/Victory), 110 and
> >110/112....but never 130.

> Can I make a campagnolo record 110 bcd ring with my $5 china dremel
> applied to a standard 110 bcd ring? I'm not sure campy's proprietary
> strategy is going to work all that well, at least in my household
> ... *grin*.
>
> - Don Gillies
> San Diego, CA

Sure, just make the fifth hole a little oblong or oval...BUT Campag
rings are plentiful, use a Centaur level for replacement..or use the
rings from the Campag aluminum compacts...

"Donald Gillies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >No. 151, 3 arm wierdness, 144, 135, 116(Triompe/Victory), 110 and
> >110/112....but never 130.

> Can I make a campagnolo record 110 bcd ring with my $5 china dremel
> applied to a standard 110 bcd ring? I'm not sure campy's proprietary
> strategy is going to work all that well, at least in my household
> ... *grin*.

The proprietary, and stupid, 110/112 bcd is found only on Campy's carbon
cranks. We all know how you "adore" carbon, so do yourself a favor and stick
to the alloy aluminum Centaur and Veloce cranks which have a *true* 110bcd
bolt pattern and can use any standard 110bcd ring.