campy bearings

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Joe, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    where does campy record fit into the discussion on dura-ace/ultegra bearings. Are Record hubs better
    than Chorus?,and why.

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Joe wrote:
    > Are Record hubs better than Chorus?,and why.

    They are the same (with same bearings) except Record have grease ports, different skewers, and some
    titanium parts in the rear.

    ~PB

  3. Nick Payne

    Nick Payne Guest

    Look in the Campagnolo spare part catalogue on their web site. Record and Chorus hubs share the same
    spare parts.

    About the only difference is grease ports on the Record hub and cassette body.

    Nick

    "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > where does campy record fit into the discussion on dura-ace/ultegra
    bearings.
    > Are Record hubs better than Chorus?,and why.

  4. Joe-<< where does campy record fit into the discussion on dura-ace/ultegra bearings. Are Record hubs
    better than Chorus?,and why.

    The bearings supplied to Campagnolo gruppos are identical for the top three
    groups(Record/Chorus/Centaur). The hubs for Veloce and Mirage are cart bearings, made in France(I
    believe) and probably still grade 25+ bearings.

    Record/Chorus and Centaur hubs have identical innards(all RE part numbers, for 'Record') and differ
    only in some ti parts(pawl carrier for Record), oil holes and different skewers and adjustment
    plates(plastic for Centaur)...Why Centaur hubs are not cheap, but great hubs...